Author Topic: Laser Rangefinders  (Read 404 times)

Offline Bob_VT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Laser Rangefinders
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
I'm in the market for a rangefinder....   Seeking out opinions.  I am comparing the top of the line Nikon and Leupold to the top Bushnell 1500.  From everything I have read so far it appears that the Bushnell 1500 is better?

Thanks in advance.
My other passion is Boating!! http://forums.iboats.com/index.php?referrerid=1642 Find me there with the same ID.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Laser Rangefinders
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:30:03 PM »
I have a bushnell yardage pro.  And I just found it again tonight. I seem to be loosing a lot of things lately.   I lost it a couple weeks ago and remembered that I had it the night that I shot my earn a buck -  doe w/ my bow.  Went and looked where I parked and it was laying about 30' from there. I think I put it on the side of my truck bed and drove off. It sat out in several good soaking rains and it appears that it may have been run over, but the field was soft.  Didn't work at first, but I pulled the battery and put it back in and it works fine (thank God!).  I really like it.  Took it out to Wyoming antelope hunting and ranged my buck at 448 yards with no trouble.  Use it mostly for coyotes out to 500 and bowhunting.  Works very well at bow ranges.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Bob_VT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »
Good to hear it is durable.  I am leaning towards the Bushnell.
My other passion is Boating!! http://forums.iboats.com/index.php?referrerid=1642 Find me there with the same ID.

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »
I also have a Bushnell Yardage Pro and it has served me well for the last 3 years.BTW...it still has the same batterys in it ;D..........Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"