Author Topic: Fresh grips for my Phoenix  (Read 1126 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Fresh grips for my Phoenix
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »
  Working on my Phoenix HP22 so I decided to freshen the grips.  Taking instructions from youtube swirl painting instructions, I did some hydro painting.  I used rustoleum and did the job in my kitchen in a cut off windshield washer fluid jug.  I call the hues, "tiger colors"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fresh grips for my Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »
Interesting-----VEEEERY interesting.
Creative is another word.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Fresh grips for my Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
Thanks William;
   I am presently building a custom Ruger 10/22.  I am using a Feddersen barrel and have already had the trigger assy cleaned up and customized by the best gunsmith I know (my Grandson).  My Grandson is reworking the bolt right now..basing it on CCI standard velocity rounds.
  I have decided to use the original stock and have replaced the skinny barrel clamp area with a new, oak tip.  I guess I will paint the stock in the same manner, but will have to decide if I want a camo pattern or a "flash pattern" of brighter colors.

Here is an example of swirl painting a guitar.. easier than you may think..    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27lHeE_JLU0
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)