Author Topic: Pentax Gameseeker. Anyone Tried one?  (Read 818 times)

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
Pentax Gameseeker. Anyone Tried one?
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:18 PM »
I have been looking at the Pentax Gameseeker scopes.  They are competitively priced and come in lots of neat variations.  I have heard they are made in the burris factory and have a lifetime no b.s. warranty. They claim to be shock proof, fog proof and water proof. 

Has anyone read any articles on them?  Does anyone have any experience with them? 

Thanks for your input.

Bob

Offline MOGLEY

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Pentax Gameseeker. Anyone Tried one?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 01:52:47 AM »
Just ordered on. I will let you know end of this week when I get a chance to shoot it. I am a sucker for trying 100 dollar scopes. I know good scopes cast more but I shoot pretty low recoil calibers and can't see 800 dollars as the zone to be in. FOR THE MONEY, you can get a good scope for this price range (100.00).
Stupid Hurts

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
I got a Simmons Pro Hunter 3x9 for $100, excellent  optics, no trouble with it at all. Been reading good things about the Pentax

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »
 :D i have 4 of them 2 -3-9x40 and 2 4-12x40 and love em. Clear as a bell and easy to adjust and hold zero/ Best scope on the market for the dollar. My only problem with them is not enough eye relief for heavy recoiing rifles. I am getting a 338 Win and 7 mag and will top both with a Burris Fullfield II. Jess
Jess

Offline MOGLEY

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
Got mine today!! Mounted it on my NEF 223 and started shooting.
Optics are really good, very clear. Reticle is is like the leopold bc  reticle and I really like that. Adjustments are very clear with a good definite click and move where you want them. Eye relief is not near what some can be and I would be careful on big magnunm calibers. I would say this is a GREAT scope forthe money and so far would recommend it.
Stupid Hurts

Offline MOGLEY

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 12:37:16 PM »
Forgot to mention an important item.
There is no parallax adjustment but there is parallax. If you have it up to 9 power for something very close you can see it very easily. I adjust the power at a given distance until it goes away.
Stupid Hurts

Offline jnclement

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
Put a 4x12 on my son's 270, I'm very impressed with it. Bought it in a package from CameralandNY.com with some binos, and the binos are really impressive.