Author Topic: Is the new Knight KP-1 rifle/muzzleloader out yet?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline PETE/NY

• Trade Count: (1)
Is the new Knight KP-1 rifle/muzzleloader out yet?
« on: July 14, 2007, 07:11:15 PM »
Anyone here know if the new Knight KP-1 muzzleloader/rifle is out in any of the retailers yet? I contacted Knight a few months ago and they told me in June these guns would be hitting the stores but nothing as of yet here in the NY area.Thanks in advance.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Is the new Knight KP-1 rifle/muzzleloader out yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:51:16 AM »
Pete,

I just spent the last two Saturdays, haunting two of my favorite Sporting Goods Stores, nothing yet. I did see the KRB (Knight Rolling Block) at one of the places, looks like the Revolution. I am thinking that Knight might be having some KP1 production issues, plus this is their first entry into a 4473 firearm and chambered barrels.

The KRB I took off the rack and went to throw it up to see how it fit, the trigger group fell right out of it on the carpeted floor, thank goodness. At first I thought I would like that feature on the KP1 too, but one little bump (tree branch, bump the release button) in the trail could just leave you without a trigger group when that buck/bull of a lifetime presents itself. Not to mention, I'm sure it would not be cheap to replace. Maybe that is the very problem that is holding them back, time will tell.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline JGREG

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »
anything new on the kp1 Jim

Offline PETE/NY

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »
 ;) Busta- Thanks for the reply.Nothing around my area  ( Western NY) either at any of the gun stores.I called Knight and left a message and also e mailed them at the time of my 1st post and they never did get back with me on the KP-1.No need for the BP barrel as my old White is still doing a fine job but the rifle barrel/single shot still intrigues me.Thanks again and if I hear of these anywheres I will post it here.

Offline JGREG

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »
I looked on knight website and did not find anything on the kp1.  Let me know if you all here something thankss

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
Pete,

Got this from a very reliable source at DWB's. This was the answer that he got from Knight. I'll have to check them out for sure, but I would want a way to lock the trigger group release button to keep it from accidentally releasing. Hope it is different than the KRB7.

"Sorry for the delay, but they are saying they won't go out until mid
Sept.

Thank you,
Jeff Dinwiddie
KNIGHT TECH SUPPORT"
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline PETE/NY

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 07:48:03 AM »
Pete,

Got this from a very reliable source at DWB's. This was the answer that he got from Knight. I'll have to check them out for sure, but I would want a way to lock the trigger group release button to keep it from accidentally releasing. Hope it is different than the KRB7.

"Sorry for the delay, but they are saying they won't go out until mid  Busta- Thanks for the reply.I just saw it.Here it is almost November and still no KP-1 anywheres.That trigger deal would leave me one peeved off hunter if that happened.Guess I will stick with the ole 504 Whitetail again.
Sept.

Thank you,
Jeff Dinwiddie
KNIGHT TECH SUPPORT"

Offline Keith Lewis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:28:08 AM »
Pete,

The KRB I took off the rack and went to throw it up to see how it fit, the trigger group fell right out of it on the carpeted floor, thank goodness. At first I thought I would like that feature on the KP1 too, but one little bump (tree branch, bump the release button) in the trail could just leave you without a trigger group when that buck/bull of a lifetime presents itself. Not to mention, I'm sure it would not be cheap to replace. Maybe that is the very problem that is holding them back, time will tell.

Not sure what was wrong with the KRB that you handled. I checked mine and you would have to make a real effort to "accidentally trip the latch". I suppose that it might be possible but even if that did happen once the hammer and rolling block extension levers are installed the trigger group will not fall out anyway. Maybe the latch spring was either not installed properly or weak??? I personally would not consider this a problem at least not the way mine operates.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:56:08 PM »
My latch is very secure too, no way it can  release without real effort.

Offline TDH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »
I have been in touch with Jeff Dinwiddie at Knight Rifles. The new KP1's have been sent to Cabela's warehouse. The combo packages are due out later in November. I spoke with him this morning anyone looking for one of these it should be the Eastern Oklahoma and Western Arkansas region after the first of the year. If anyone has any info on stores that get these in the Ft. Smith, AR. or the Tulsa, OK please post.