Author Topic: Buffalo classic question boys  (Read 383 times)

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Buffalo classic question boys
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »
  Hello guys ,

I have a quick question for you all , that my brother is hounding me about ...
  Roughly what does a Buffalo Classic go for price wise ?? and how is the accuracy out of those double ghost ring sights ??

He wants one and i have one here local to me for 300.00  from a local dealer ... but his nature being what it is , wants to know if that is a good deal

Thanks in advance ,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Buffalo classic question boys
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
$300 is a steal if it is new. The factory sights are trash unless you're only shooting white paper targets. It's tapped for scope mounts and you will want them for hunting. Visit the H&R site

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »
Thanks a bunch Jimmy for the timely and infomative response

I had just jumped back over to check here after looking on Ables

they are asking 360 and change ... and yes that 300.00 is for brand spanking new

Thnx  alot Jimmy
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »
A new one will sell for $325 -$350, they're very accurate with aperture sights, can't say much about those particular sights tho, but I've used the WGRS without an aperture so it's just like a ghost ring rear sight.  As far as accuracy, H&R doesn't offer a chambering more accurate and consistent than the 45-70. The Williams WGRS rear sight that comes standard on the BC is an excellent sight for what it's intended to do, but the 17A front sight isn't the best for hunting, but works excellent for target work, specially with an upgraded rear sight. ;)

Tim

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GCR1871
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain