Author Topic: Ultra 25-06 is ready to go!  (Read 777 times)

Offline statelinerut

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Ultra 25-06 is ready to go!
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:33:00 AM »
Got her head gear put on a few minutes ago. Now I need to run some lead down her to get her dialed in and I am am ready to go. The 25-06 is suppose to be the cats meow of the NEF line of firearms as far as accuracy goes. I hope that holds true for this one. I know my 243 and 223 both are tack drivers, so this one shouldn't let me down. Gonna be runnin the Fusion 120 grain down her first to see the results. The Fusions shoot great in my 243, so I am anxious to see how they perform in the 25-06.

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; anothers life, anothers death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Ultra 25-06 is ready to go!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:55:26 AM »
Nice!! ;)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »
That's one sweet looking rig! ;D

Robert

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »
Thats i nice looking rifle there, i tried to buy 1 just like that 2 years ago in Wichita Kansas at Gander Mountain and had it up on the counter and every thing with me being from Okla they ran my name and said some thing came up that they had to put it on hold for a few days i think the guy that called my name in put in some wrong info when he was on the phone because just a week before that i bought a 17hmr in Okla so i know i am a good boy it maid me mad that Brand new H&R handi just like the one u have there was only 214 thats y i jumped on it and i like the handi rifle also so it didnt get to come home with me they callled me back a few days latter and told me i could come pick it up now i told them i already bought some thing else so they could put it back on the shelf man i was mad
1 shot 1 kill

Offline varmintman

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:12:07 AM »
Nice looking rifle, I have one in 223 ultra varmint and am  getting one like yours being it comes in the 26 inch barrel so as to get the most out of the caliber. I will probably reload for it.
One shot, one kill

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 09:05:50 AM »
I like it ... I like it a lot. I like the Swift scope too.

bjm
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline 321

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 09:27:07 AM »
...a beautiful gun. 

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:15 AM »
 Stateline,

I was wondering ....  How do you like the Swift scopes ? Thats if you have used them before on other rifles ...
  I have a local dealer here , And of course they sing their praises (as would be expected)

I myself have zero experience with them and have no friends that use them  .. But I'm interested in knowing more about them..

And congrats on the new toy ... Fine looking rifle ...

Regards,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 02:18:12 PM »
stateline ... arent you the one with the really nice painted 243 ... if you are we need another pic ..   I love that paint job . I shoot the 100 gr Rem Corelokts out of mine and it likes them alot which made me happy they are cheaper than anything else that i have tried. Allready took a doe and a yote with it. Let me know how those 120 fusions do I am gonna try the 117 Hornady SST's next. And I am also thinking of a little paint on it soon too :-D  I think we need to see another pick of the 243 I am having withdrawals.... Keep us posted OH mine is the plain stock no mods and a Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 on top. Good luck nice gun
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy
Support the men and women that risk their lives for your rights

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
I have a Swift scope (4X12 by 40 AO) and it has been great.  Mine is on a 17 Remington Savage 10, it is clear it's entire range and holds zero perfectly.  They are really a good reliable well made piece of glass, and the price is right.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline statelinerut

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
stateline ... arent you the one with the really nice painted 243 ... if you are we need another pic ..   I love that paint job . I shoot the 100 gr Rem Corelokts out of mine and it likes them alot which made me happy they are cheaper than anything else that i have tried. Allready took a doe and a yote with it. Let me know how those 120 fusions do I am gonna try the 117 Hornady SST's next. And I am also thinking of a little paint on it soon too :-D  I think we need to see another pick of the 243 I am having withdrawals.... Keep us posted OH mine is the plain stock no mods and a Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 on top. Good luck nice gun
;)

Yup thats me. I haven't got her out this deer season though, and she is probably upset too. I have been carrying the Ultra. No big boy yet though so I have not got to let it roll. Maybe tomorrow, we got a big front coming through and i will setting on a food plot waiting on him to come get a belly full. Here is a pic of the 243:

3 shot group out of the Ultra 25-06 with Hornady 117gr BTSP Interlock. The Fusions did not  group to my liking. About 1.5 to 2 is all I could get out of them.

CDL, I have the Burris Zee 1" rings with a 40 objective.

Default, I think they are as clear as my Nikon or Bushnell Elite 3200. I have one on my 243 as well and they have served me well.
"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; anothers life, anothers death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar