Author Topic: Met with a old buddie 46 yrs latter  (Read 807 times)

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Met with a old buddie 46 yrs latter
« on: September 10, 2007, 10:07:11 PM »
Had the chance to meet with an old navy buddy. Its been 46 yrs since I've seen hi. Ran across him on the putter couple yrs ago and we have stayed in touch via e-mail/phone. He got a chance to come out to the west coast for a couple days and let me know he would be in my area for 2 days. Plane was delayed getting in but we still got a couple hrs of visiting time and took him and his wife out to dinner. We had a good chat about old times and others we knew aboard the ship we were on. We walked aboard as a couple smart a$$ young ones in 1958. He got off in 61 and I got off in 62. never had contact after that till 2 yrs ago. Sun we got together and had a little picnic, did some sight seeing and visiting, that night took them out to dinner. Visited till after dark then they had to grab some sleep as they had to head out early the next morning. Got some good pictures of them and him and I. Visits and pictures like this can never be replaced.

Gun Runner

Offline bearfat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • "Nothin but giant rats with stubby little tails"
    • Deer/Bear hunting Northern Minnesota
Re: Met with a old buddie 46 yrs latter
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:02:40 AM »
Glad to hear two old buddies got back together Gun Runner.

I buried my brother-in-law two months ago (a WWll veteran) and one of his Navy buddies showed. He ran across the obituary and was shocked to know they lived so close all these years.

If anyone wants to see how easy it might be to look up an old friend and you know the State they live in and approximate year they were born here's a link I was amazed at how fast you can find old friends:

http://www.zabasearch.com/
bearfats cabin:    http://buckmountainchateau.com/

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: Met with a old buddie 46 yrs latter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 01:50:26 AM »

Thanks Bearfat, for the post above, it worked  Got what I want in less than 5minutes.
  Marv.