Author Topic: HEY tn junk  (Read 523 times)

Offline Idaho Ron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
HEY tn junk
« on: December 29, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
I cast up some of the C501-440-RF bullets. In soft lead these things go 450 to 460 gr. I got mostly 455 grs out of this batch. I paper wrapped them and then ran them through the .501 sizer.  Today I shot some of them. It was DAMN cold so I didn't try to work up a load. I just set the powder measure to 100 and I used Pyrodex select 2F. I have been using 3F pyrodex in my 45 I wished I took some. I was getting some hang fire with 2F in the 45 and the 3F solved that. I would have liked to try some but didn't take any. I was getting some hang firing. Even with that the bullets shot very well. When the gun didn't hang fire they all went into the same group. If the gun hanged it would hit low and left. The group that went together was 2" at 100 yards.
 It will be neat to see how they shoot with some work on the powder. I am thinking this is going to be my son's Moose bullet.  Ron

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
Re: HEY tn junk
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:25:48 AM »
Sounds great!
I am still waiting on my .501 sizer from Lee but have cast a bunch of the bullets. As you say, they dropped right at 455/458 grains.
I hope I can find a load that my Encore likes without using plastic sabots. Don't know why, but I just don't like buying sabots.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.