Author Topic: WARNING! Missouri Cannon Works Rip Off  (Read 1745 times)

Offline qmastersgt

• Trade Count: (0)
WARNING! Missouri Cannon Works Rip Off
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »
I ordered and paid for a full scale cannon in March from these people. I still have not received my gun. They say they can't get their supplier to give them the wheels. They also say they don't have to refund my money, or give me the cannon until they want to, no matter how long that may be. They say they didn't give me a delivery date, so they don't have to deliver it till they feel like it I guess. I have email , dated 5/22/07, stating delivery in 30 to 60 days. That sounds like a delivery date to me. When asked how long I should have to wait before  I should expect delivery, or a refund, I get no answer.  The only part they make is the trail. they buy the rest. Steen cannons delivered a parrot in 6 months to my friend, and they cast barrel and all.Their phone was disconnected, and they act like they can't hear me when I call the cell phone. I have all of the email between us to verify my accusations. $7100 is alot of money to hang in limbo.

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: WARNING! Missouri Cannon Works Rip Off
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:51:52 AM »
I guess if it were my money I'd be paying them a visit to get their version of it in person.  If they don't come through in one way or another by whatever time is required by law or regulation, you might look into how to file charges of mail or wire fraud whichever is appropriate.  But exhaust all possibilities of talking to them first.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 09:10:43 AM »
Welcome to the board qmastersgt.  I hope you didn't come just to complain. We have a lot of other stuff going also. A couple of other fuill size gunners hang out here with us also.

Yours is the second complaint in about two weeks that I have heard about  Missori Cannon Works. 

There has been a family fued going on with them and some time back they drug it on this board.

For that kind of money you might want to consider contacting an attorney. Or you could call the Cconsumer Affairs division of the State Attorney General in Missouri and talk tot hem, they might help you.

Offline qmastersgt

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »
I don't know what else to say to them. I have reported them to the internet crime  website of the FBI today. I am starting litigation procedures. I hate to sue, but I hate thieves more. The only one I have dealt with is John, so that is who I am suing. What can you tell me about what is going on with them?
No I'm not here to complain, I'm here to prevent some other fool from getting ripped off. I serve with a cannon crew now. A 6pndr parrot gun. We won the Mississippi live fire competition last year.

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:52 AM »
The only one I have dealt with is John, so that is who I am suing.

You do need a lawyer.  I'm not a lawyer, but typically a lawyer will advise initiating the suit against everyone who could be involved on the "other side."  If you only sue one of a pair of partners, it it too easy for them to say the problem was caused by the other one that is not named in the filing, then you lose.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 11:54:51 AM »
I don't believe there are "any other partners" in that company these days. If I recall it correctly John is the son and his father split from the company under less than friendly terms quite some while back. Not sure if before or after you placed your order however. If before then I agree both should be named in your suit and yes you should contact an attorney for a lawsuit and the state Attorney General for potential criminal action as well as the civil action.

Make sure you keep all documentation you have especially any related to potential shipping date.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
Ditto the State Attorney General 's Office.  They will help you.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline qmastersgt

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:29:26 PM »
I only have one name, that's John's. Missouri cannon works will be named. I have a lawyer. I am considering a trip to MO. I may file a local  criminal action if I don't receive satisfaction.

Offline qmastersgt

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 12:34:30 PM »
Now that I think about it, if they are thieves, the more than likely cheat on their taxes. I'll contact IRS if I have to.

Offline Double D

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 03:35:01 PM »
I don't recommend a "visit" in any sense of the word.  First you are going to their turf.  He is the local boy, you are not.  If they have blown the money , then going there doesn't  increase your chances of getting your money back. Even if they haven't blown the money it still doesn't  mean they are going to give you your money. 

By going there if some thing happens other than a polite  business meeting and an exchange of funds,  it shows you were motivated more for a confrontation than reimburshment.  They have the upper hand and could call such a visit by you as civil or crimninal intimidation or even worse. 

Bite the bullet, stay home let the attorney do his job. You might want to call the local sheriff in MO.  They might have some insight and might even have some sort of case they are working.

Offline theartillerymencannonco

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 03:53:28 AM »
this is johnnie adams  the father of missouricannonworks i have nothing to do with john  adams of missouricannonworks i own the artillerymencannoncompany  i have nothing but happy people please keep me out of this  john adams does what he does on his own

Offline Double D

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 04:24:49 AM »
this is johnnie adams  the father of missouricannonworks i have nothing to do with john  adams of missouricannonworks i own the artillerymencannoncompany  i have nothing but happy people please keep me out of this  john adams does what he does on his own

Well now that seems to contradict what you said in a PM to me.

Are you related to John at Missouri Cannon works?

nope never did know him i dident hear about his company untell i joined you all and bill Graham done told about the family agurgment on your form they really sound like they need a life from what bill told me

You were banned once before for lying.  Now not only did you reregister and log in under a different name  which is a violation of the terms of use agreement, but when both Graybeard and I asked you specifically you lied twice more when you told Graybeard, Cat Whisperer and  I that you were not related to  MissouriCannonworks. (See message above.)

You then had the audacity to post your lie in a public forum. By posting the lie in public, you not only exposed yourself  to Graybeard, Cat Whipsper and  I  you demonstrate your lack of integrity to the whole internet.

You again will be banned for lying also a violation of the terms of use agreement.. 

Offline Double D

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 04:32:19 AM »
qmastersgt, sorry for the interruption of your thread...this other diversion is a long standing fued between father and son that seem want to use our forum as a battle gound.

Did you get my PM with the name of the other person having trouble with MissouriCannon Works?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 05:41:25 AM »
I got a call a few minutes ago from Johnnie the father of John of Missouri Cannon Works. He wanted to again clarify that he is NOT at this time in any way shape, form or fashion associated with his son John other than that he is John's father.

I asked pointedly WHEN they ceased doing business together as Missouri Cannon Works and he was not able to provide me with a specific day or month but said it was in early spring of this year 2007. Thus anything having to do with failure to supply what was paid for by Missouri Cannon Works that has taken place since that date definitely should not address him and the other son who are in business together as a separate business.

I guess anything from prior to that time could legally address him as well but that's NOT for me to decide that's a matter for the courts.

If an order was placed with Missouri Cannon Works after say mid April or so of this year I would recommend that Johnnie not be considered to have been involved and not to be addressed in your attempts at redress of your greivance with his son John.

I made it clear to him during our phone conversation that I will NOT allow them to begin anew their personal fued here and that I will not allow either of them to pursue business on this site from our members.

But in fairness their business relationship ended some time in early spring 2007 so calling it about a month into spring a date some time in middle to late April of 2007 could reasonably be used as a termination date for that business relationship. Prior to that then maybe both should be named. After that clearly he should  NOT be.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline qmastersgt

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »
Not to  worry. I did get your pm. I was contacted today by John. He says that he will have my cannon ready by fri after thanksgiving. Time will tell. I paid for my cannon 3/29/07. I guess that would include Johnnie. I really don't want to hurt anyone. I am just a disabled law enforcement officer who wants to make a lot of noise with a big gun. I do not want to make any noise other than that. But, when pushed into a corner, I will come out fighting. I will give one more chance to to John to do right by me. I am only delaying legal action. If I get what I am promised, I'll go my way and not look back. If I don't, I will not relent until I have exhausted every avenue to seek justice.
I am a hard headed old woman with a big heart. I am not a push over.
You are very correct about the MO A. G.'s office, they do not play.
I will update this info as it moves along.
Thanks for the info.

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 12:21:57 AM »
I hope it all works out for you.

In the meantime, hang around and join the fun.

You do know that when you get your cannon, we're all gonna want to see it, right?

Offline qmastersgt

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 04:23:58 AM »
HECK YEAH!! I'm going to be all over it! All old L. E. O.'s love to brag and tell war stories.  It's that ego thang that gets you into that crap to begin with.
I have been civil war reenacting for 4 years. I served as quartermaster Sgt. for 3 years. We do 3 impressions: confederate marine corps, federal infantry, and confederate infantry. We use the big gun mostly in our CSMC impression. The CSMC was trained in artillery. Now I will move to Sgt. and officer of the piece. We may start a battery, and add an artillery impression.
I am with a great group here in the MS delta. We are family oriented, and include a nurse corps, of the Sister's of Mercy.
If anyone out there is in our area, and would like to join up, let me know.
I'm glad to be here with you guys.

Offline lance

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »
qmastersgt, i've been watching this topic and hope things turn out great for you. If i was closer to ya i'd join up, but i'm in Virginia.......... well, i might could do a once a year thing......... anyway, welcome to the forum and glad to have ya.
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 06:23:02 AM »
Below is the OFFICIAL GBO statement regarding this matter. It is the last statement I expect on this matter from any personal associated with GBO meaning administrators or Moderators of this site. I do not believe either Moderator has done what Johnnie is complaining about BUT if they have please correct that as soon as possible. Otherwise let's remain silent on this matter from this point on and let the customers, suppliers and perhaps attorneys do the talking.

My Post found at: http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,133108.0.html

At the end of this post is a full copy of a post I made back on November 15, 2007 following a phone call from Johnnie Adams father of John Adams. In that post I stated that to the best of my knowledge there is no current business relationship between Johnnie the father and John the son. It is my understanding that John the son is the sole proprietor of Missouri Cannon Works and has been since some time in the spring of 2007 and that his father Johnnie and another brother who's name I do not know run a completely separate business again I'm unsure the name of that business.

I have been getting multiple harrassment phone calls from one or both but for sure from Johnnie the father lately again. He is making threads of filing lawsuits yet again if I don't stop things which are not even happening at all at this website. He claims slanderous/libelous comments have been made by one or both Moderators of this website. I have read all threads I can find regarding Missouri Cannon Works and find no such comments. He claimed to me in a phone conversation which I have taped that both Moderators have publicly stated that he (Johnnie) is still associated with the business of the son John and that as a result of those statements he now has lawsuits filed against him that properly involve only the son John.

I cannot find any such comments that have or ever were made by either Moderator. IF such have been made I request that both Tim and Doug locate and remove/correct those comments. I do not believe they have made such and certain I cannot find such but just in case I ask they be corrected IF they are here.

Again I say that to the best of my knowledge Johnnie the father has no business relationship with John the son and that as best as I know Missouri Cannon Works is solely the property of John the son. I say that not as fact but as my understanding based on information provided me by both John and Johnnie.

I'm really getting tired of the drama over the firm Missouri Cannon Works and whomever the owners are. As a result I'm instituting the following policy in regard this family and that business and all other businesses own by either or both parties.

NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE from this moment forward is to make any statements on this site related to either John or Johnnie Adams or to Missouri Cannon Works or any other business owned, operated or evolving either party UNLESS:

1. You are an attorney representing one of them or some other party in a lawsuit against one of them or

2. You are John or Johnnie Adams or

3. You have a direct personal business relationship with one or both of those parties.

If you have a direct business relationship with either or both whether as a supplier to them or a buyer of products from them you may post your comments good or bad about those business relationships here. But if you do not have a business relationship which you wish to discuss and if you are not an attorney involved directly in lawsuits related to them the DO NOT POST your comments on this website.

We quite frankly have zero interest in your comments that do not relate DIRECTLY to a business transaction with them. Your personal opinions are of no interest to us. ONLY your direct business relationships may be discussed on this site from this point forward as it relates to this entire matter of the Adams family and/or their businesses.

The owners and managment of this site takes no official position on who is or has owned Missouri Cannon Works. We have no first hand knowledge relating to that situation only second hand information provided by the members of the Adams family. Nor to the best of my knowledge does any Moderator of this site have such first hand knowledge.

Anyone found to be in violation of this policy as stated in this post who posts personal opinions as opposed to reports of business relationships will be removed as a member of this website. NO MORE am I clear? This thread is locked and will remain locked and NO ONE may post to it other than the owners or GBO or myself.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a call a few minutes ago from Johnnie the father of John of Missouri Cannon Works. He wanted to again clarify that he is NOT at this time in any way shape, form or fashion associated with his son John other than that he is John's father.

I asked pointedly WHEN they ceased doing business together as Missouri Cannon Works and he was not able to provide me with a specific day or month but said it was in early spring of this year 2007. Thus anything having to do with failure to supply what was paid for by Missouri Cannon Works that has taken place since that date definitely should not address him and the other son who are in business together as a separate business.

I guess anything from prior to that time could legally address him as well but that's NOT for me to decide that's a matter for the courts.

If an order was placed with Missouri Cannon Works after say mid April or so of this year I would recommend that Johnnie not be considered to have been involved and not to be addressed in your attempts at redress of your greivance with his son John.

I made it clear to him during our phone conversation that I will NOT allow them to begin anew their personal fued here and that I will not allow either of them to pursue business on this site from our members.

But in fairness their business relationship ended some time in early spring 2007 so calling it about a month into spring a date some time in middle to late April of 2007 could reasonably be used as a termination date for that business relationship. Prior to that then maybe both should be named. After that clearly he should  NOT be. 

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125