Author Topic: Syn forearm ?  (Read 421 times)

Offline JerryKo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (64)
  • A Real Regular
Syn forearm ?
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:00:51 AM »
Just noticed my syn forearms are looking mashed on the top where it is contacting the frame.  This is at the top of the arch.  Just wondering how important this point of contact is.  Also I would like to get some Choate varmit stocks and forearms.  Do they have a spacer on the forearm or is it all one piece, as are the standard syn forearms.  Thanks for the help,

JerryKo

Updated with photo.
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."- Vince Lombardi

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Syn forearm ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »
Jerry

I have 2 of the ( tupperwear ) forarms that have the ears gone compleatly , and have not noticed any diffrence in lock-up . as for the Varmint forarm it is just like the one you have with the spacer molded right in .

On a side note , i didn't like the looks of the Varmint stocks at first but once i put a set on my 22-250 and shot it i was sold , they made a world of diffrence .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline JerryKo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (64)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Syn forearm ?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »
I picked up the ati adj stock for my sons shotgun.  I do like the forearm because it has a huge barrel channel and it has a spacer.  The buttstock however served its purpose, for a 5yr old at the time ,but is cheap and sloppy IMHO.  It isn't used anymore, since he fits the youth stocks now.  But i'm working on a varmit rig 25-06 and would like a good stock and forearm for it.  I might just use the ati forearm for now and see how it goes.

Thanks stimpy fro the info on the forearm.

JerryKo
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."- Vince Lombardi