Author Topic: Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm -vs- VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralights Scopes?  (Read 391 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm -vs- VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralights Scopes?
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:05:17 AM »
I have a Marlin 336CS 35 Rem.  I'm looking to put a scope back on it.  I'm leaning towards the VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralight Scope.  The lightweight is a plus, but not the deal breaker.  The thing I like most about it is the eye relief.   The eye relief is only 3.0 to 3.8 inches.   The eye relief on the regular VX-II 2-7x33mm is 3.8 to 4.9 inches.  That's a little to much for my rifle.  I have to hold my head back (on the stock) just a tad.  I think an inch less eye relief (at the high and low settings) would work a lot better.

I know both scopes are VX-II series.  Are the VX-II Ultralight Scopes just as durable as the regular VX-II scopes?  I guess I'm wondering if they gave anything up durability wise, to make them lighter?  I'm not hard on my equipment, but I still want a durable scope.  Thanks in advance, NYH!

"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm -vs- VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralights Scopes?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »
In some cases, weight works against scope durability, and certainly always adds more stress to mounts and screws.  With a .35 Rem, I wouldn't worry at all about either of your choices.  With Leupold's reputation for durability, plus their lifetime warranty - I'd buy the one you like the best without any worries whatsoever.  I looked these scopes up on Leupold's website and they say the ultralight is "every bit as rugged". 
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm -vs- VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralights Scopes?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
Cement Man, thanks for the reply!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"