Author Topic: Wolverine 209 Conversion  (Read 769 times)

Offline p15camborne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Wolverine 209 Conversion
« on: December 24, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »
I have a Leupold one piece riflescope base on my LK-93 Wolverine .50 caliber.  If I convert to 209 primers, will I have to mount a two piece scope base so I can insert 209 primer discs into firing position?  Thanks.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Wolverine 209 Conversion
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »
You don't have to. It would be easier if you did though. It depends on the size of the opening. Since I don't use that base I cannot tell ya. You will need to try it but I reckon I wouldn't if it fit. It will be tight though.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline p15camborne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
Thanks.  In over ten years of shooting my Wolverine with number 11 caps I've only had a misfire once.  That was last weekend.  It was my own fault.  I got sloppy.  I had cleaned, lubed and stored the gun after killing a first day deer.  When I got the gun out of my safe, I forgot to fire caps to clear the nipple before loading.  Took multiple caps and probing nipple with a needle to get the gun to fire.  That's why I was considering shotgun primers.  But, I think I'll just be more careful and stick to number 11's. 

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »
I have made that mistake before. The #11 primers will get the job done if you don't forget but it happens.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick