Author Topic: grendel P30  (Read 613 times)

Offline ben gordon

• Trade Count: (0)
grendel P30
« on: June 23, 2003, 09:25:27 AM »
have a friend with one of these and he is having some trouble with it, anyone know it the company is still in existence or is others do warranty work on it?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Grendel 380
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 03:56:43 AM »
ben:  those people went out of business a long time ago and regrettably I do not know of anyone who would/could service their product.  I had thought about purchasing one of their 22 magnum auto pistols but they went out of business just before I was going to make the purchase.  That changed my mind, but I thought their design was worthwhile and hope that someone brings it back to life.  Mikey.

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
grendel P30
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 04:38:31 AM »
I read/heard somewhere that Grendel morphed into Kel-Tec. How true that is or if Kel-Tec would be any help I don't know.
gino

Offline ben gordon

grendel P30
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 05:35:24 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I looked at the Kel Tec site and didn't see any mention of Grendel products.  I had thought the some thing for some reason, think I read somewhere that Kel Tec used Grendel design in some of their stuff may be why.  Thanks again.

Offline Will

grendel P30
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 02:44:04 PM »
Hey guys,

Grendel did become Kel-Tec. I believe the founder's name of both is George Kelgren. Kel-Tecs are solid guns for the money, but I've never shot any of the older Grendels. A 30 round .22 WMR pistol sounds interesting. That .22 WMR is a good, almost mysterious round. It seems to have power that just shouldn't be there in that tiny case.
Even without grocery stores, I won't go hungry.