Author Topic: tim/weather  (Read 468 times)

Offline ro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
tim/weather
« on: December 07, 2007, 04:32:40 PM »
tim, i know this is not about handis, but from i have seen on the weather channel for the past few days you guys have been hit hard with a big winter storm, did it hit where you live?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: tim/weather
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »
Just got some heavy wind and 3½" of rain over the weekend, not much local flooding, but south and north of me they got hit bad, Interstate 5 was closed since the weekend for 100hrs until noon today, there was up to 5 feet of water over it about 70 miles north of me between here and Seattle, a lot of the repair time was moving the concrete barriers between the north and south bound lanes back into place, the water had moved them!! One city about 60 miles from here towards the coast got 11" of rain in 3 days!! :o

thanks for thinking of us, ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline ro

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 05:09:21 PM »
gald to hear it didn't hit you hard,we could use the 3-1/2" rain here in the south, we are still in a drought, about 15-20" below the average rain fall for this year, but one day this winter it will start raining, and rain for days, we have had a hard year no rain on the feilds no hay for the cattle just a hard year on us farmers, but so far we are having a good deer season, gald to hear you are ok, end of subject. back to handi's.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:11:06 PM »
We just need a way of redirecting the weather so it gets spread out real even like!! ;D Too bad the weather can't be tinkered link a Handi!!  :D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »
Yall up there don't need the rain and here we do. I figure if we don't get any Ill be throwing my water cleaner system into the river and drawing some water off of it. If you figure out how to fix it send it here :D
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline ro

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »
30-06man, you must be here in the southeast, lakes and ponds have been down to just mud, the boat ramps are a long way from the water line, boat houses and docks are setting on the ground no water, back in the summer you could drive a pick-up around the lake where we used to fish with 12-15 ft of water, but we have got some rain in the past month or so the lakes are coming back up,

Offline 45/70fan

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 02:28:38 AM »
PLEEEEEASE !! send some of that rain this way. Here Durham, NC we have about 50 days of water left.
The lakes look like pastures around here.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:00:48 AM »
Sure am. The pond has got a little water left and I took my boat out of the water about a month ago. I went down fishing about 2 weeks ago and its still got good fishing in the Lancaster side of the Catawba river.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick