Author Topic: Regarding Nukes in Iran......  (Read 292 times)

TM7

Regarding Nukes in Iran......
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:43:40 AM »
fyi.... without all the hoopula.......TM7
Bombed If You Do,
Bombed If You Don't
By Rep. Ron Paul
12-11-7

The latest National Intelligence Estimate has been greeted by a mixture of relief and alarm. As I have been saying all along, Iran indeed poses no quantifiable imminent nuclear threat to us or her neighbors. It is with much alarm, however, that we see the administration continue to ratchet up the war rhetoric as if nothing has changed.

Indeed nothing has changed from the administration's perspective, as they have had this latest intelligence report for some time. Only this week has it been made known to the public. They want it both ways with Iran. On the one hand, they discredit the report entirely, despite it being one of the most comprehensive intelligence reports on the subject, with over 1,000 source notes in the document. On the other hand, when discrediting it fails, they claim that the timing of the abandonment of the weapons program, just as we were invading Iraq, means our pressure must have worked, so we must keep it up with a new round of even tougher sanctions. Russia and China are not buying this, apparently, and again we are finding ourselves on a lonely, tenuous platform on the world stage.

The truth is Iran is being asked to do the logically impossible feat of proving a negative. They are being presumed guilty until proven innocent because there is no evidence with which to indict them. There is still no evidence that Iran, a signatory of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, has ever violated the treaty's terms ­ and the terms clearly state that Iran is allowed to pursue nuclear energy for peaceful civilian energy needs. The United States cannot unilaterally change the terms of the treaty, and it is unfair and unwise diplomatically to impose sanctions for no legitimate reason.

Are we to think that Iran hasn't noticed the duplicitous treatment being received by so-called nuclear threats around the globe? If they have been paying attention, and I think they have, they would see that if countries do have a nuclear weapon, they tend to be left alone, or possibly get a subsidy, but if they do not gain such a weapon then we threaten them. Why wouldn't they want to pursue a nuclear weapon if that is our current foreign policy? The fact remains, there is no evidence they actually have one, or could have one any time soon, even if they immediately resumed a weapons program.

Our badly misguided foreign policy has already driven this country's economy to the brink of bankruptcy with one war based on misinformation. It is unthinkable that despite the lack of any evidence of a threat, some are still charging headstrong into yet another war in the Middle East when what we ought to be doing is coming home from Iraq, coming home from Korea, coming home from Germany, and defending our own soil. We do not need to be interfering in the internal affairs of other countries and waging war when honest trade, friendship, and diplomacy are the true paths to peace and prosperity.

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
Re: Regarding Nukes in Iran......
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 04:06:30 AM »
If Isreal does not like you, the US will come Kill you...  And we wonder why the world Hates us ! ? ! ? !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 04:17:47 AM »
I am a supporter of Israel, and believe that Islam is the scourge to end all scourges. HOWEVER, what has been said by, I assume Mr. Paul IS the truth.
To date the only country in the world to ever deploy a nuclear device is US. Am I condemning US from doing so. An emphatic NO, as the purpose for fighting a war is supposed to be WINNING IT, rather than what our government has involved us in since WWII. We are now, and have been since WWII, been going around IMPOSING OUR WILL, on countries that do not see the world as we. Our blindness to this, will be our downfall I believe. JMO
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:37:43 AM »
Quite Simply, Our Constitution Forbids the Wars we are fighting FOR ISRAEL.

Now look at our Economy, look at our Enemployment rate, look at the all time high forclosures on houses, look at the Very sad shape of our healthcare system, one that encourages the DR's and med companies to Rip us Off.  THEN ask yourself Why were not only spending Billions + fighting wars for another country, but also Giving them Billions and Billions of $'s to support them. THEy live BETTER than Americans ! We need to cut the jews loose, and Save the USA ! I Love my country, and Only my country. If life was Great here, I could see helping a nation that needed help.. Israel does Not, they use 99% of the $ to build a army, the Same army that has shot down our Planes, and sunk our ships. We need to Wake up ! We need Ron Paul, someone who does not think the Constitution is just a Piece of Paper.

“Strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee.... Therefore, thy gates shall be open continually... that men may bring unto thee the wealth of the Gentiles and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.... And the sons of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee, and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet .... Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles…. And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks and aliens shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.... Ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.”

I was skipping around a bit, but all of that’s from just two pages in chapters 60 and 61 of Isaiah.

Now listen to what the Jews get from Yahweh if they keep their side of the bargain.

And it shall be, when the Lord thy god shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not, and houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not

For if ye shall diligently keep this commandment which I command you, to do it, to love the Lord your god, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him, then will the Lord drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess nations greater and mightier than yourselves. Every place whereon the sole of your foot shall tread shall be yours.... There shall no man  be able to stand before you; the Lord your god shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you upon all the land that ye shall tread upon, as he hath spoken unto you.

That is called a Parasite... Read it for yourself, then look at the Sad state in MY country. If you want to Support Israel, Please, by all means MOVE THERE, tho your not welcome if your not bred they way they want...

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:27:02 AM »
Yes sir....if we would follow the constitution, and it is pretty strict without much room for wiggle, then that would solve a HUGE part of our problems.
Then...if we stopped sending our tax money across the oceans and to other countries without our permission to do so, that takes care of almost the rest of the
chunk of our problems.
Then all we'd have to do is stop the Congress from foolish spending...and waa-laaa...almost all the way home now....build up our military and keep them close by,
make sure we have first strike capabilities, and get our noses OUT of other countries businesses. 
I don't think it's my business to tell another country they can't have nukes if we have them ourselves....but now if they point them in a funny direction we fry them, then they start over....

I like the idea of actually following the constitution...it solves a big bunch pf problems right there.