Author Topic: Turkey barrell for my pardner, tracker II  (Read 364 times)

Offline redhedder

• Trade Count: (0)
Turkey barrell for my pardner, tracker II
« on: December 25, 2007, 05:55:56 AM »
Some advice please from some of you out there who turkey hunt. I want a turkey barrel for my pardner tracker II gun. Which barrel would you suggest? Should I have choke tube fitted? Which choke is best?

In general, do you like your tracker II as a turkey gun? What kind of loads do you suggest and what gives best pattern. I am debating on whether to get a new barrel or just a new shotgun. I would like to use the tracker II, but really needs some advice on the barrel, and set up.

Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Turkey barrell for my pardner, tracker II
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:00:58 AM »
I bought a 12 gauge 24" "Turkey" barrel and can use any of my several choke tubes in it. I luckily was able to get the 24" 12 gauge barrel drilled and tapped and a scope rail added. Now that fine 24" barrel with the proper choke and sighting arrangement is perfect for everything from deer, moose, and hogs out to about 75 yards or so, turkey with the proper and correct choke and ammo, and predators, coyotes and such, within the range of the ammo I am using. I suggest the 24" barrel. If you cannot get it D&T'ed perhaps get a tracker I 12 gauge barrel fitted for choke tubes or a 20 gauge Tracker I barrel D&T'ed for a scope rail....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley