Author Topic: Laminated stocks... where to buy?  (Read 633 times)

Offline TLARbb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Laminated stocks... where to buy?
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »
I picked up a  New England Handi rifle in .204 Ruger and want to put some better looking wood on it.  My favorite is the Cinammon Laminate, which is nice, but a little understated from some that I have seen.

Can any of you fellows steer me to the appropriate place to purchase replacements?  I did look in the classifieds here, but nothing is currently available.

EJ

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Laminated stocks... where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 08:06:31 AM »
Google on Brownells, they sell NEF parts including stock sets. If you live in the US you can also buy direct from the factory. I have the 204 BB in cinnamon lams and it looks great.

Mc

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:10 AM »
Take a look in the FAQs at the "Let's see some Handis" thread, lots of stock options to see, if you wait until early next year some time, you'll be able to get the cinn and camo laminated Boyds thumbhole stocks from H&R, right hand only tho.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline TLARbb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »
Mc:

Not sure if I have what you call the Bull Barrel, but it is sure not a lightweight barrel.

Tim:

I checked Brownell and they have the Cinammon in stock, but the Camo is backordered.  I looked at some of those pictures and the Camo might look better to me, but I don't want to wait for the Camo and the Cinammon go out of stock as well.  If H&R has them in stock at the prices in the FAQ, I might order them from the factory.  Anybody know what the service is from the factory store?

I have not shot this thing yet.  Maybe I ought to do that tomorrow so I'll know if I really want to spend the money for new stocks.  :)

EJ

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
H&R service is usually fine, but they're gonna be a bit busier that normal since they're closed Monday and Tuesday for the second week in a row, camo lam prices are still the same, $66.90 and $31.87 plus shipping, the checkered part # is listed on the price list page, the one in the actual 2007 price list isn't checkered.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,82422.msg504769.html#msg504769
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain