Author Topic: my 28ga.  (Read 539 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
my 28ga.
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »
Hey All! Just got back with my new 28 ga. unboxedi it, and man! what a dandy little gun! Nice grain in the wood, deep bluing, and best of all it pulls up just right, and points beautiful! Also bought Winchester superX 1oz. #6 shot for it. Ought to be some good shootin here! Plannin on giving a good testing on Saturday. I will let you all know how it works. Have a good evening! scout4<><

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: my 28ga.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 06:54:54 AM »
Good to hear. Did you get the youth or adult version?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:57:50 AM »
Congratulations scout, I have a 28 and it is a great gun. I got feedback from others here before I bought mine and there was only good said about them, except for the cost and availability of various ammo. I wish someone made readily available slugs for the 28 gauge....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:51:27 PM »
I love my 28 too!

Very fun to shoot. I plan on buying some reloading equipment eventually
so I can shoot it even more.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »
I love mine. mine is a frankenstien though started as a youth gun I put an adult synthetic stock and a storearm from a survivor  added a hi-vis front bead. it is my walk around gun  and anchors rabbits well too!!!  I use a lee loader and a .490 round ball to make slugs  I can shoot 4" groups with them ....
Here coyote... here coyote....... I got somethin' for ya ;D ;D ;D
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 02:39:26 AM »
Hey Fella's! Thanks for the reply's! Mines full size adult version, glad I got that one, I think the youth version would have been way to short for me. I actually thought at first this was a little bit shorter a pull by just the way it shoulders. then I measured it, and its 14" surprised at that! she's a dandy! Taken my son saturday morning along with his gun & ammo a fist full of clay birds an down to whats known here as Decker hollow shootin range, they have a shotgun range there, so it'll be great! That will our first stop, then to the game lands thats only a stone throw away from there. I'll let you all know. Yeah Roy....here coyote....here coyote,..Ha! Ha!...I was thinkin like that with using my 410 slugger! Have a good one Fella's! scout4<><

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 02:55:53 AM »
my 28 now has an adult lenght stock  with  the youth size it was funky to shoot
 roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier