Author Topic: Cabela's Alaskan Guide™ Premium Riflescope 3x9x40  (Read 849 times)

Offline Willie496

• Trade Count: (0)
Cabela's Alaskan Guide™ Premium Riflescope 3x9x40
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »
Can anyone tell me where you can find a Sun Shade for an Cabela's Alaskan Guide™ Premium scope?
Cabela's does not carry anything and they will not say who manufactures there scopes. I am wondering if anyone has any information on this topic. Are the threads the same on all 40mm scopes?
We have it mounted on a H&R ultra varmint 243.

Offline Weatherman68

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Cabela's Alaskan Guide™ Premium Riflescope 3x9x40
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
It's a long shot, but while I was standing in line a couple of days before Christmas I got talking to the guy in front of me.  He worked for Cabelas and told me that their scopes were made for them by Lueopold.  Don't know if I would tade that to the bank, but it's a place to start.
Why is there never enough time to do it right but there is always enough time to do it again?

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »
I think they are made by Bushnell. One year It maybe something like burris and the next year someone like Nikon. It changes. I think it maybe a Burris, Nikon or Bushnell. I would like to see one. They are made in Japan right?
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 03:53:53 AM »
I've also read somewhere that they are made by Simmons too.  I don't think that you'll find a screw on sunshade to fit one.  You could get one of the rubber sunshades that fit over the objective.  They are made by Dvorchak or something like that.  You could also get one of the honeycomb lense covers that give the same effect as a shade.  I'm not sure who makes them though.