Author Topic: Bhutto dead!  (Read 684 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Bhutto dead!
« on: December 27, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Bhutto dead!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »
Ha, The Taliban said if she returned to Pakistan they would kill her.  They did.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:26:15 AM »
i am surprised she made it as long as she did.   

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:16:50 AM »
Hope this don't turn out nearly as bad as I am afraid it will.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:38:30 AM »
I'm hoping its hte Extremists in the north of the country that did this and they crush them for this. Or could this be the trigger for WW3?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:01:15 PM »
When are we going to realize as individuals that terrorism in whatever form cannot be tolerated around the world and it is a world problem.  The Taliban promised to kill her and probably did.  Had she been elected or supported someone who was elected, the Taliban would not have the power that they do now.  For our own security we must negotiate with other nations and convince them that this not just a religious war but terrorism in its purist form and will not be tolerated by any government.  The US should stay out of civil war or civil strife within a country's political system.  However, when that civil strife is caused by terrorist sects, it is the duty of the world and all its nations to contain the threat.  This will not make the world more secure.  It will force governments to control their own populace and force compliance with official government foreign policy.  Any person has the right to believe in whatever diety they choose until that belief results in terrorists acts to force others to believe as they do.  Then government has not only the right to use force to cease these actions, it also has the responsibility and duty to enforce compliance within its borders.  If it doesn't then the rest of the world's nations have the duty to retaliate against that government by whatever means is necessary to ensure security for its citizens.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:18:09 PM »
No, it is the big stick and walk softly approach.  However, the US cannot be the worlds peace keepers as it is too expensive in monetary and political costs.  As a world leader though it our responsibility to garner support against terrorism on a world wide basis or suffer the consequences.  Terrorism is much more realistic than Global Warming yet much of the rest of the world bought into this myth.  We need to be the leader against terrorism and keep out of civil disobedience in other nations.  We should be doing more to persuade stable nations that terrorism is a world problem and not just anti US.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »
It is too bad.  I do not think she would have been any less corrupt than she had been previously and that in itself may have sparked another internal revolution, military conflict or take over.

Yes, the taliban promised to kill her.  Now, if Musharraf is smart he will use this against the taliban and consolidate his power to crush them. 

Time Magazine's recent cover page made Pakistan the fault line for Islam.  OK, here's the chance - the Taliban said they would, so give them credit for it and use this as a means to put them down.  If Pakistan is the fault line, if you believe the media, then her martyrdom (their choice of words) should be enough to turn the populace against them.  Those who supported Bhutto did not support Musharraf but if Musharraf uses the assassination to build opposition to the taliban he should be able to move the population against them. 

Something tells me Musharraf will remain in power for a while.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 09:13:23 AM »
No, no, no--you guys have it all wrong.  See, John Edwards said terrorism was just a bumper sticker and it's just scare tactics that Bush is using to grab power.  On top of that, those muslim countries are peace loving and tolerant places where they love their women and treat em right.  This whole thing is just a news media plot to sell papers and advertising.  It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 09:26:54 AM »
the terrorist want nukes , lets give them some ! simple answer to a complex problem !
Japan has been real nice lately ! look at all the nice things they make and send us ! So you know it works !
yes that is a cruel idea ! but when we used it before it was because we had limited ability to deal with a foe ! do we need to be backed into a corner to react this time also ?
the real deal is we got lucky once should we push our luck once more ? or should we hit them hard and get it over with ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 03:24:25 AM »
Something tells me Musharraf will remain in power for a while.  JMTCW.  Mikey.
right on.  there were so many people who would  benefit from her death,  it is unlikely we willl ever know who was really behind it.  i care not either way.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
you forget that group of PC , wanta bees , that have to be in every ones business that call the USA home , you know the tree hugging , gun control , sex ed class , turn the average American into a sheepable ! the dumbing down of  America crowd !
they can't believe that some other group of people don't follow their direction !
When we had the war of northern aggression the rest of the world let us slug it out and go on ! maybe we should let the rest of the countries do the same ! we don't need to police the world ! if China or some other country wants to let them go broke doing so !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !