Author Topic: keltec my evaluation so far..  (Read 2095 times)

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
keltec my evaluation so far..
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:57:09 AM »
 i really love my .380 .. its is dependable shoots true and i finally have an small
 easy carry gun that  has stop power .. very satisfied..
  one observation..keltec sells to the general public..in my opinion they are making a mistake by not doing the polish before they let one out of there factory..
  now mine so far didnt need the polish but  the fact that the manual warns of a need for it ,,will i think keep a lot of everyday, folks from buying this gun..
   also the aluminum doesn t bother me as id learned to shoot this size gun with my little berreta.. but do the aluminum friction  pts, action,, feed etc hold up to several thousand rds of practice..id want the gun either way, but i would like to hear from posters with a lotta rds dn the chute.. thanks for any input..
     the simple truth will set us all free. slim

Offline nilescoyote

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: keltec my evaluation so far..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »
I purchased mine right after they came with the 380, replacing my 32acp. I too, really like it. It conceals so easy you can forget you are even carrying. It makes a great back up or weak side carry gun when Im on duty or a pocket gun for a quick trip to the store.

I only have had one problem with mine, I tried shooting my lead reloads through it. Long story short DO NOT DO THIS, stick to jacketed bullets if you wish to make reloads for it, which I will no longer do... I had to send it back to the factory to be fixed, which I will add, they fixed for FREE and quickly shipped it back to me.

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
  yep ,,sure do like this little .380 .. trying my little canvas holster in pocket ,,with a doubled up duct tape backing ... been doing it a whole week and the holster still holds after several changes..
 ill wait untill i see an pocket holster that works better ,before i change..
   im getting the hold on the gun better day by day..takes getting use to.. but if i do my part she hits what i shoot at.. :)

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »
 i am just plain amazed at the results of hits at 10-20 ft with the 90 grn corbon and this little kel tec..i would have not believed it ,,had i not seen it myself..

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:33:13 AM »
   i have been real impressed with the 90 corbon as ive posted .. but after a day at the range ,id have to say the rd tends to jam.. the corbon dpx 80grn doesnt seem to have that problem ,so i ll ammend what i recommend to that rd.
  a protection gun has to be dependable first .. everything else next..
    i might add that the winchester flat nosed rnd wouldn t be a bad choice either ..
   looks like it would really smack on inpact. thats my practice rd.. 10 bucks a box

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 02:11:22 AM »
I have PPK's in 380 and 32. In my experience, the most reliable ammo to feed and fire is FMJ type.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
im sure it works good for you and thats what matters..
  my gun dealer was telling me today that the dpx .380
 rd was made for and tested to the keltek ..the fps and energy posted on box, are from using the keltek..
   he has always had good info in the past so ill go with what he said.. i know the corbon 90 would jam more than was acceptable.. the gpx has fired smooth as silk so that gives
 what he said credibility .. at least to me.. enjoy yours and if its doing the job thats all that matters ..right