Author Topic: Another Bushnell Problem  (Read 648 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Another Bushnell Problem
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »
Got home today from hunting and set my deer rifle on the table and somehow it fell and the area around the objective(not sure if that's the right term) bell hit the floor and after an inspection it is flat on that side and I am afraid that the glass may be damaged and the seals maybe also. Its a new scope and I am wondering if the No Questions Asked Warranty would cover it and get me a new scope? Its the second one I have messed up this month but this one is my fault. Has anyone used that warranty? And do you think I will have to pay for repairs or a replacement or not? The black finish is scraped off some too.  :'( :-\
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline The Gamemaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Another Bushnell Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »
Lifetime guarantee

If you have the box and the paperwork that came with the box - fill out a report sheet of what you feel is wrong and the proper amount of money that they ask for when you send back a scope for repairs and they will replace it - no questions asked.

I had a scope that was 10 years old and they asked for $10 shipping and handling and I sent it back and they replaced it with a better scope than the one that I bought.

The new scope had paperwork in it and I filled it out and the new price was more than what I sent them - but they never asked for more money.

The funny thing was - they were not anal about sending me a new scope or about the amount of money that I sent them to return it to me.  They could have held it hostage and said that they needed more money to fix my scope or return it to me - but they didn't.

The Ocular might cost them $30 to replace.

Maybe they sell 100,000 scopes a year.

What is $30 to a company that sells 100,000 scopes a year?

That is why they sell it for no less than $100 each, because it is like an insurance policy. 
If you have $50 into making it and sell it for $80 and the store makes $20, even if one in 100 breaks - you still made money.

Most honest scope manufacturers won't even bother to try to fix it. 
They will throw it in the garbage and give you a new one.

How much does it cost to manufacture on the production line with a labor force that makes $1 a day - compared to American labor at $30 + an hour. 
You can make it in Korea cheaper than you can fix it in the USA.

It's just good business to replace it - no questions asked and give you a new one - free of charge.

Be honest with them and if they charge you - pay them and thank them for fixing it for you.

Take the scope off the gun and put it into a warm bath of water and look for water bubbles.  If you see bubbles - then there is a leak.  Take the caps off the side and look for water bubbles, if there is a leak - send it back.

If the glass isn't broke and there are no water bubbles - then it is ok!

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »
I am going to hold off on it for a while. If it fogs up or doesn't look the same Ill replace it. Right now it looks fine though. I looked it it a little more today and it looks like it is damaged right around  the threads for a sunshade. So If I can't use that it won't bother me. If I can get by without sending it back I will though. I might call CS is a second.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline The Gamemaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
What model is it?

None of my scopes has threads to put the sunshade on.

All of the ones that I saw just slipped over the end of the scope - on the objective lens.

You said your damage is on the eyepiece.  That is the ocular - or the other end of the scope.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
The objective sorry. Yes its got threads. Its a Bushnell Elite 3200w/ firefly. I have some damage on the ocular though. But its just a ding that has been there since I got it.  Where can I find the sun shades that slip over the end of the objective? I know where I can find the other threaded ones.

Thanks

Rick