Author Topic: Need help with optics on wife's Kimber  (Read 355 times)

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Need help with optics on wife's Kimber
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:34:58 PM »
Well I have been shooting with my wife for a few years now and she can outscore me more than once in a while.

She has been shooting a Ruger Mark II tuned up with new parts and a Tactical Solutions barrel with a 30mm UltraDot. She has shot as well as 598 of 600 in our regular PPC matches. It is time for her to move up to a centerfire with the rest of us.

To this end I have been unable to find a revolver that she can "reach" the trigger properly with. (I really wanted to fix her up with a 16-3) She really likes the 1911 and the recoil is ok if I keep the loads down.

We (spelled: she) have decided to sacrifice my Kimber Super Match to this worthy cause. I have ordered a Weigand scope base, the kind that is tapped onto the dustcover. A 10# recoil spring and buffer will also be installed. The problem I have is the optics. She wants a 42MM red dot tube! The large field of view is what she is after. Any suggestions? I don't want to put a $30 red dot on a $1,700.00 gun (but I will if she shoots it).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Need help with optics on wife's Kimber
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:29:12 AM »
The reddot scope I would recommend is the Cabela's Pineridge series.  The model I had and liked was discontinued but they make one with a 42mm tube.  The optics are great but they have no magnification but they also offer a rheostat adjustment for dot brightness which is good for shooting in various shades of sunlight.  BTW, the one I had was mounted on a 41Mag Ruger Blackhawk and the recoil didn't shake it loose at all.