Author Topic: Your opinions of the 28ga. NEF Pardner  (Read 646 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Your opinions of the 28ga. NEF Pardner
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:29:46 AM »
 Hello Men. In a very near future I'll be buying another H&R/NEF pardner or topper. As with anything like this for me I have to be mindful of the shoulders, sure do wish I could handle recoil of a bigger bore, but I cannot. Anyway, Never owned a 28ga. never shot one. Any of you Men that have, and could render me your opinion of the guns overall performance would be very much appreciated. Thank you much! scout4<><

Offline gould

• Avid Poster
Re: Your opinions of the 28ga. NEF Pardner
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 04:48:23 AM »
Hi scout4 I have a NEF 28ga. that I got back in September and I love it. I have taken alot of tree rats and about 3 days ago I got a opossum with the Remington #6 rounds. The Remington shells are loaded with 3/4 oz. of shot but the Winchesters have a full oz. They both pattern quit good in my Pardner and the recoil is not bad at all. I just ordered a new strait grip stock and fore end in black and grey laminate from Gun Stocks Inc. one of Greybeard outdoors sponsors. The small bores are really all I shoot anymore because its all I really need. I havent got to try it on rabbits yet but very soon. Hope it helps Jason.

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 07:09:17 AM »
I have a youth model that I restocked with synthetic adult  stocks It is short and light and does a nice job on rabbits and tree rats out to 30 yards Shell are high though
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 09:03:33 AM »
Mine is very fun to shoot. It patterns nice, much better than my daughters .410 versa-pack yet only has
a little bit more recoil.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 05:33:29 AM »
Thank you Men for your opinions. Nothing can beat the voice of experience! Thanks again! Have a great New Years! scout4<><

Offline goldhound56

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 08:41:12 AM »
I have one and it's great on tree rats .

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 02:32:17 AM »
I decided to forget my notion on the low recoil 12 ga. And went ahead an ordered up a new 28ga. pardner. Sure am lookin forward to that! I sure do appreciate a firearms Co. like H&R/NEF keeping the 28 in their manufacturing. Seems any other firearms manufacturer has to get some big $ for a 28ga. H&R/NEF makes it for the good ole workin Joe! Anyway,...about the time I'm receiving my 28 there will still be 2 weeks of small gaming to be had here in Pennsylvania, so hopefully I'll be able to it a good testing. I will let you all know. Have yourselves a great Saturday! scout4<><

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 07:23:56 AM »
I have a topper 28 ga and love it.  Its what I trained my daughter with.  Mine seems to like the Winchester load over the Remington's.  Have killed bunches of tree rats with it.  Took it to a pay per hunt in WV last and it is awesome on quail and chuckar.  Good luck with your new gun hope it does as good as mine.

Dave H
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 07:42:31 AM »
Thanks Dave! I sure do enjoy these guns! I have a 410 bore that I had made up into a great slug shooter, man is that an accurate little gun! Going this afternoon with my son to hunt. He will have his pardner 12ga. and I'll use his grandads old topper 410. Have a good day! scout4<><