Author Topic: "Got my work done and Got the TDC out of the safe"  (Read 486 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
"Got my work done and Got the TDC out of the safe"
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
This afternoon, I got my work done and decided to get the 20 ga. TDC out of the gun safe and try to find some late season squirrels. I got my winter woodland camouflage coverall's, with gloves, and face mask and headed to the squirrel woods. On the way into the woods I jumper a big old woods rabbit, missed him at about ten yards. I'm glad I missed him because the area I hit was pretty tight with the mod choke tube in, if I'd hit him, he would of been shot up. I also saw three doe deer jump from their beds as I was going up the mountain. Well, I got to the location I saw squirrels at while hunting deer. I set-up and waited for about 45 minutes and no squirrels. Like always see deer on a squirrel hunt and see squirrels on a deer hunt, life is great! A little before dark, got up and started to the truck and saw a Fox squirrel start up a tree about 30 yards away, brought the TDC on line and BANG! One squirrel in the sack. Started to the truck again and went around 100 yards and saw two gray squirrels chasing one another. Long shot about 40 yards, Bang1, number two in the gunny sack. Spied the other running to my right about twenty yards, BANG! Three in the sack, enough for dinner and it was getting late. Sorry the picture didn't come out to good.

Froghunter
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: "Got my work done and Got the TDC out of the safe"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »
Sounds like you had a good afternoon Froghunter.   How are you going to fix those squirrels?   I like them southern fried like chicken or baked with cream of mushroom soup. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline mrsfroghunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • ''Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover !
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:50:57 AM »
Froghunter,

Great job froghunter ! Pretty ones at that ! Brett I fix mine by crock pot! Nothing like stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce.Served over a bed of rice!

Mrs Froghunter
Mrs. Froghunter

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 06:53:37 AM »
Nice story, and now you got me thinking about all those pesky squirrels I saw while on deer stands. Looks like I will have to bring my 20 ga. pardner with me too.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »
Froghunter,

Great job froghunter ! Pretty ones at that ! Brett I fix mine by crock pot! Nothing like stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce.Served over a bed of rice!

Mrs Froghunter

Mmm... That does sound good.  Sounds like it would go good over pasta too.  Now where did I put that box of 20ga. shells?  I need to get busy.  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC