Author Topic: Turkey barrell for my pardner tracker II 12 ga  (Read 290 times)

Offline redhedder

• Trade Count: (0)
Turkey barrell for my pardner tracker II 12 ga
« on: January 07, 2008, 03:22:38 AM »
I have a choice between turning my remington 1100 12ga (28in Mod barrel) into a good turkey gun (shoots 2 3/4 shells) or buying a barrel for my Pardner tracker II 12ga. First of all, which would you suggest? secondly do any of you hunt with the Pardner shotgun for Turkey? I can order a 24in barrel with a full choke ($42.00) or the 24in Turkey barrel with the extra full choke. Would either work fine? Need some advice please. Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Turkey barrell for my pardner tracker II 12 ga
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:35:31 AM »
I suggest the 24" turkey barrel with the screw in choikes, great for Turkey w/ extra full choke or deer with slugs and a modified choke tube. Also great for anything you can use a shotgun for with the proper choke tube and load....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline redhedder

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:47:59 AM »
Thanks, my pardner gun is a muzzleloader/slug combo. I already have a slug barrel. Would that make a difference in your opinion? I would only be using the barrel for Turkey hunting. Would the 24in turkey barrel with the xtra full choke still be that much better than the 24in barrel with the full choke? Thanks for your opinion.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:11 PM »
I think so, the barrel could be used for may other things and you could always switch and swap choke tubes to get the best patterns for whatever turkey loaf you decided on. Any time there is a choice between a fixed choke and choke tubes I suggest going with the choke tubes, just to keep all your options open..AND it will be much more salable in the future and hold onto more of it value. Versitility id good....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:23:57 AM »
I agree with MSP Ret, a couple of years ago I bought the 12ga turkey barrel with the NEF turkey choke tube fitted to my .223 receiver.  It patterns well with the 3" Winchester Premium #5 turkey loads (better than #4).  If it didn't pattern well, I could have tried one of the aftermarket turkey choke tubes.  Later I bought a rifled choke tube and have been very pleased with it handling the Remington BuckHammers.  I also have a mod. choke tube from an old shotgun that I found at my father-in-laws.  Very versatile gun.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"