Author Topic: testing pentax warranty  (Read 517 times)

Offline MOGLEY

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
testing pentax warranty
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »
Today I checked the zero on my 223. After many misses I figured something had happened. Well it had! I could not even hit paper at 100 yards. Just when I thought I had it close, the next shot would be 6 inches off. On it went for fifty rounds. Man I was some hot under the collar. So I got it ready to mail off along with all the paperwork they asked for and the 19.95 check and my comments which explained the toilet paper packing ( use your imagination here) I was very to the point about the problem and my thoughts on a brand new scope not lasting for more than 20 rounds! I will let you know how things go.
Stupid Hurts

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Re: testing pentax warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
Mogley,
Have you heard anything back from them? I have a Game seeker that i am not all that happy with and was thinking about sending it in. The scope holds zero and is clear from side to side until you dial it up to 8x and then it looks like you are looking through a 20 mm tube instead of a 40. I wasnt expecting all that much from a cheap scope but this is a bit excessive.

Offline MOGLEY

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:35:30 PM »
I have not got the scope back yet. I know what you mean about when the power is turned up. You have to have the sight picture perfect in order for it to stay focused. I think the glass is alright for the money and I like the reticle but mine would not stay the same from shot to shot. I have to admit I took my frustrations out on it before I wrapped it up. The warranty said they would fix even if it was a fault of mine. I figured if it was going in, they were definitely going to find something wrong with it. I can't believe how rugged the glass is on those things! all the glass should have been broke when I got done with it but it held up. We'll see what they do with it.   I have absolutely zero patience with something that is supposed to work and does not no matter the price it should work as advertised.
I will post when I get it back and try it out
Stupid Hurts

Offline MOGLEY

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:33:58 AM »
 Update;

I got it back today. No explanation. but they replaced it. serial number was different.  I like the glass and the reticle I really hope this will work and the original was a lemon. I would feel  a lot different if they did not charge 20.00 for every return issue. But,,,, I know you get what you pay for when it comes to scopes. Big bucks= better scope than < dollar scopes.

I will post again wether it holds up or not.
Stupid Hurts

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
Thanks for the update. Let us know how it works out.