Author Topic: How did everyone do?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
How did everyone do?
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:07:39 AM »
Just thought I'd ask how everyone did this year.  I ended up with a decent doe on Saturday and Friday I dumped an eight, wanna be nine pointer.  :)  Both with the Muzzleloader this year as there was no time to practice up with the hundguns.

Wolfgang
"We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
Re: How did everyone do?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »
Nice buck!
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Wolfgang

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
Thanks for the Complement Eye Shot.  He was not the biggest one I had seen and the one that I had been watching earlier in the week was a monster but alas, he stayed over on a neighbors propery and I couldn't wish him over to where I was able to get a shot on grond that I had permission to be on.  Anyone else out there in Ohio that did well? 
"We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:48:54 AM »
Closest i got to deer this year was watching a nice wide 10 point and 2 does out of my office trailer window , don,t think they would like me hunting on the job site during company time .  ;D  ;) but there is always next year .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Catfish

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 07:08:01 AM »
Lou,
   You better get a different job.  ;D

Offline BIG Dog454

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:35 AM »
dropped a nice doe with the .454 at about 60 yards, and missed a 4 point and another doe. Under the weather (sick) so won't hunt Sat or Sun, maybe will do some muzzle loading season hunting.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 05:31:20 AM »
No good here for me. I saw deer but either too far away or didn't present a shot that was decent. Looking forward to ML maybe that will be better luck for me. Deer numbers seem down around this part of the state though, one guy who I know is no story teller said his neighbor harvested a corn field and found 30 dead deer...he thought from that bug that was around during the dry, hot summer-fall period. Anyone else hear of anything like that?

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline ohwoody

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 03:44:49 PM »
I got a decent 8 point.My first with a pistol  :) 100 yard shot with an Encore 45/70..It was the only buck I saw all season.

Roger

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
 :-\ finally ended my season taking a button buck this evening. I am calling this the "jinx season" because of missed shots, botched opportunities, and just plain rotten luck. After missing this easy 40 yd shot with my xbow at a large doe wound up taking the button buck which was standing in the same spot, go figure. Tried Acorn Rage today and all I can say is the 4 deer I saw tonite all were zeroed in on the acorn rage, I will use it again next year.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
Well, with the bad back this year and the doc saying no bow hunting I only got to go out one day. That was opening day of gun season and didn't get to hunt then because there was a poacher on the farm I hunt and I stayed out while the game warden and the sheriff hunted for them. Almost got one with the truck up the street from the house. good thing I didn't traded the truck off!

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!