Author Topic: another great shot with the 28  (Read 464 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
another great shot with the 28
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
This is from Decker Hollow. Did some good shooting! plummerroy, you're right about the superX shells, but they sure do work well! I am looking for shot less expensive. Whatever I find I'll be glad to let you know about it. Have a good afternoon. scout4<><

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: another great shot with the 28
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:49:32 PM »
since you have been posting pic here is my 28 mine ain't an action photo though  I do good with winchester aa's in 7 1/2's  main reason I bought the 1 oz loads is that one public hunting area I hunt stock a few pheasants  walmart had the aa for $8.97 ,     this picture   is my woods walking setup
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:07:35 AM »
Hey plumberroy! Thats alright! I like that 28. Did those stocks come with the sling swivel studs? I was just checkin out those AA loads also, does the 7 1/2 pattern well from your 28? aside from my 410 slugger, this 28 could easily become my second best gun. Thanks for the picture! Have a good evening. scout4<><

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:29:10 AM »
I have never patterned the AA's I don't have a problem busting claybird squirrels  or rabbits with th AA's  yes the slings swivel come on the stocks they are choate from midway  the reason I chose the storearm/survivor fore arm is because  the sling mount out on the end. I am  a woods roamer more than anything any more some times I just watch and don't shoot anything  I will usually only take one rabbit just for the dogs sake with the sling on the end of the longer fore arm and the short barrel [mine started out as a youth model] it carries well and is light  by the way my gun does not like remington sts they shoot fine but once in a while the fire hull sticks and won;t kick out also check this thread out
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,128667.msg1098467986.html#msg1098467986
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:29:41 AM »
Thats more of what I am Roy, a woods roamer. I hunt, but I love being there just as much, sometimes more!...Thats a cool smoothbore! Thanks for the info on the "punkin ball" loads my brother has the reloading equip. maybe I'll give that a try sometime. I'll have to get pic's of my woods roamin setup. Thanks Man! scout4<><