Author Topic: Scope mount for USH 20  (Read 574 times)

Offline Sluggin McLouvin

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope mount for USH 20
« on: January 19, 2008, 05:48:53 AM »
I've used the GBO search and haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for so hope to get some help here...

I ordered the USH 20 and am not sure about scope mounts. 

The HR website is a little unclear to me about whether or not a scope mount rail is included - seems to say that it is in one place:

Ultra Slug Hunter comes complete with a Monte Carlo stock, recoil pad, scope rail...

Not so specific in another:

Drilled and tapped for scope mount rail...

For those that have purchased, did your USH come with the bases and if so, what has been your experience with them?

I'm planning on mounting a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40 and already have Weaver rings that I can use.  If I'm not able to use those I'm likely to go with the recommendation of a friend and order the Dednutz system.  I believe these only come in high for the HR.  Anybody used these and can comment on them?

Thanks and good shooting,
McL

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
Re: Scope mount for USH 20
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 07:10:25 AM »
 My USH came with the scope rail base. I tried two different Bushnell scopes and they didn't fit a USH very well. You cant mount them very low- power ring too big and couldn't get the scope back far enough. They don't have much eye relief for a slug gun. I ended up crawling up on the stock, a wonder I didn't get wacked by it! I have another brand name on it now that mounts with low rings.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Scope mount for USH 20
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 07:32:50 AM »
See the low profile hammer mods in the FAQs and Help sticky, if you remove the very tip of the hammer spur that's above the extension, you may be able to mount in medium rings, but to mount in low rings, you'll have to remove metal from the hammer extension to allow it to mount lower on the hammer so you can remove more of the hammer spur as on the bottom 45-70 in the pic with a 3-9x40 Nikon Omega with 5" of eye relief mounted in low Leupold PRW rings.

Another option is to use a low power shotgun scope that's short enough to mount ahead of the hammer as on the upper 45-70 below, that's a 2½x20 Simmons 8 point with 5½ of eye relief, mounted in low Leupold QRW rings.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain