Author Topic: Question from a newbie  (Read 614 times)

Offline xhare

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Question from a newbie
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:01:05 AM »
I am in the market for a fun gun and it looks like the Hi-Point carbine would fit my bill (inexpensive to buy and shoot).  The 995 in 9mm is likely the way I would go due to ammo prices.  I reload, but barely have time for what I've got, and I am getting ready to add the 30-30 to my list, so I dont need another set of dies. 

My question revolves around the new 995 tactical stock.  I see on their website that different models come with open sights, or a laser, or a scope, or a red-dot.  If I buy the standard rifle with open sights, can I still put optics on later?  In particular are the front and rear sights easily removable?  I like having the option of open sights or optics, one of the reasons I am leaning away from the Sub-2000.

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
Re: Question from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 01:56:58 PM »
 If I buy the standard rifle with open sights, can I still put optics on later?  Yes. Both front & rear sights are easily removed.
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline xhare

• A Real Regular
Re: Question from a newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »
Thanks, I read the Gunblast article today as well and saw that from the pictures.