Author Topic: Defenders of Wildlife address  (Read 302 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Defenders of Wildlife address
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:34:58 AM »
Got this from another site.  Thought many here might be interested in sending them some information as well.  Rog

Hey everyone,

I tried to go to the "Defenders" website and I filled out my letter in opposition to legislation to stop ariel wolf hunting as they put it. When I clicked on the send button here I got that I was "not eligible" to send the message.

I also responded to the ADN article.

Please email them at:
defenders@mail.defenders.org

here is the letter I sent them email:

I am a long life Alaskan. I believe this legislation is unconstitutional based on the fact that each state has a right to manage their own fish and game.

I am also a subsistence hunter. If there are no moose or caribou, because bears and wolves have decimated the stock, then my family goes hungry.

Before you pass un-needed legislation, I would ask that you fully understand the issues at had and visit the bush in Alaska. Understand what subsistence is and how it affects the people of Alaska. I must warn you that you will have to use an out house as we do not have running water as many in bush Alaska.

If Defenders of Wildlife are "really" interested in these wolves, then I would like to see them offer the people of Alaska funds to capture and relocate these animals from their own funds. Otherwise I would say "no thank you Defenders" you do NOT represent the best interests of the people of Alaska.

Furthermore the Alaska State Constitution guarantees my right to s "sustained yield."

The Constitution of the State of Alaska
Adopted by the Constitutional Convention February 5, 1956
Ratified by the People of Alaska April 24, 1956
Became Operative with the Formal Proclamation of Statehood January 3, 1959

Article 8 - Natural Resources

§ 1. Statement of Policy

It is the policy of the State to encourage the settlement of its land and the development of its resources by making them available for maximum use consistent with the public interest.

§ 2. General Authority

The legislature shall provide for the utilization, development, and conservation of all natural resources belonging to the State, including land and waters, for the maximum benefit of its people.

§ 3. Common Use

Wherever occurring in their natural state, fish, wildlife, and waters are reserved to the people for common use.

§ 4. Sustained Yield

Fish, forests, wildlife, grasslands, and all other replenishable resources belonging to the State shall be utilized, developed, and maintained on the sustained yield principle, subject to preferences among beneficial uses.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Defenders of Wildlife address
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »
I tried to use the comment section with the same results.  Looks like these supporters have their own agenda and disregard the comments of others all the while stating they have a comment section but no one posted.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »
I also googled their web site and sent this message to the CA legislator.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:31:42 AM »
It seems to me that the people that always want to defend every living thing, i mean
leave it alone and let it do as it pleases are the people that have no idea what is really going
on in the world, probably most of them have never been out of town and see no reason to do so. a lot of these supporters live in places 2000 miles from what they are defending,
they go to the zoo and see that cute little bear. What about the MOOSE THE DEER THE
CARIBU do they not need suporters or defrnders, no because you never see them in a zoo
so they are not cute. I graduated form high school in 1965, at them time i had an aunt and
uncle that lived in Fairbanks, they begged me to come live with them for 6 mos. to a year
growing up on a farm/ranch in OK. i had to many important things to do, lots of girls to chase
and beer to drink, Hindsight is way better than 20/20
Sourdough you are one of my true heros, wish you would right a book I live in the dallas/ft. worth area where their are 25 people to the acre.

Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.