Author Topic: AAARRRGGGG!!!!!!! No more BP H-R's??????????  (Read 1922 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
AAARRRGGGG!!!!!!! No more BP H-R's??????????
« on: January 12, 2008, 01:46:50 AM »
I really really REALLY wanted to buy a Huntsman or Sidekick this year!!!!! They have been discontinued. What the heck was Rem/Marlin/H-R/NEF thinking??? Sorry but I really needed to vent!

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: AAARRRGGGG!!!!!!! No more BP H-R's??????????
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 03:18:28 AM »
Don't know, but you might be able to find one unsold on some dealer's rack.

If not and you want to put your own together you could try:

http://www.hubbardsoutdoorproducts.com/

OR

http://www.smokelessmuzzleloading.com/

Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 07:49:01 AM »
I'm going to go buy me a Sidekick or three right now. Got a decent price on one over the phone, if he has more they just may follow me home too. I'll check back in later.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 11:13:45 AM »
Well, I"m back. Nothing followed me home. The Sidekick turned out to be a 2005 Huntsman NIB. He ended up finding a Sidekick and brought it our in the box, but it was in worse condition than my 5 year old Huntsman. It had previously been on the rack and it showed. I was looking for a pristine one that is NIB. Looking someplace else tomorrow. It was a nice drive though and I got 2 2008 H&R/NEF Catalogs.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 05:35:50 AM »
Ive been looking for one too.

Cheaperthandirt had them last week for a great price, but they are now sold out.

Like Tim said, Cabelas still has has a few.  They cost a few dollars more than everyone else, but at this point its a sellers market.

Keep in mind Cabelas also has the limited edition NEF heritage muzzleloader.  It is a sidekick with a realtree synthetic stock, and a stainless barrel.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »
Doesn't Cabelas price match? Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »
They might in stores, but you may be thinking of Gander Mt, they do, or use to with Walmart.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
AT the gun shop today no guns, but they had a couple packages of the primer carriers. Bought both at the price that has been on them the last couple years. I told him I was stocking up because they quit making the BP guns and the primer holders might be next. He looked up the current price on the computer and the price has just about doubled!
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »
AT the gun shop today no guns, but they had a couple packages of the primer carriers. Bought both at the price that has been on them the last couple years. I told him I was stocking up because they quit making the BP guns and the primer holders might be next. He looked up the current price on the computer and the price has just about doubled!

Anyone consider making the carriers out of brass or something more durable?  Looks like I need to go get a few packs for S&G

Offline fourty-five-seventy

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 09:51:03 AM »
Was on my way to my gun dealer to see if he could get me another Sidekick before they are all gone and I stopped by my outboard and chainsaw dealers to leave off a prop to get fixed and was talking about going to find another Sidekick and one of the fellas said to my dealer what is that ML you traded for the other day its for sale isn't it?  My dealer went and got it out and it turned out to be a NEF Heritage ML.  I said what you want for it he told me $265.  I said how much for green backs he said $225.  Well needless to say I now have 2 ML.  It has only had 32 primers run though it, it has a sling and 15 primer holders and 68 primers left in the box.  The pic that cabelas has online showing the Heritage does not do the ML justice. 

Offline slayer

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
This has to be some of the worst news I have heard in a long time!! The NEF Sidekick is the best value/shooting muzzleloader on the market. Makes no sense to discontinue it?

Jack

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »
Just bought a huntsman barrel today.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline john keyes

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »
Probably part of the remington buying marlin thing.  I cuddled my sidekick while hunting for the last three days and it is a fine piece of work.

I'm resisting the urge to grab up a few more.

But if you don't have one you better get one.
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:10 AM »
I just ordered another Huntsman barrel.  That will give me two, never know when a kid wants to use one.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline czar

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »
well i bought a the wood stock sidekick at cabala's today and it should be here within days they told me they had about 200 hundred of each mod. left. I have been doing research on a new smoke pole for about a year now and kept leaning towards the sidekick. you might ask why i bought a blue steel wood stock. It is simple i can always see my fellow hunter on the other side of 40 acre plot his gun shines to much. i never told him this because the deer come my way after they see his gun barrel flash the sun light at them .I will still keep my TC SCOUT my son will get it killed alot of deer with her . well we will just have to wait for the new mod. to come out there may be something better than a sidekick. I DONT THINK SO  czar
No one man is smarter than ten that is why i am here
Rem.30-06 7400
Rem. 12GA Express Deer
Rem. 22 mod 514
Mos.12GA 500 Deer
T/C Scout 50 Cal.
N.E.F. Sidekick 50 cal

Offline fourty-five-seventy

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »
well i bought a the wood stock sidekick at cabala's today and it should be here within days they told me they had about 200 hundred of each mod. left. I have been doing research on a new smoke pole for about a year now and kept leaning towards the sidekick. you might ask why i bought a blue steel wood stock. It is simple i can always see my fellow hunter on the other side of 40 acre plot his gun shines to much. i never told him this because the deer come my way after they see his gun barrel flash the sun light at them .I will still keep my TC SCOUT my son will get it killed alot of deer with her . well we will just have to wait for the new mod. to come out there may be something better than a sidekick. I DONT THINK SO  czar

You got that right czar.  I think they are crazy for discontinuing the Sidekick.   For the money spent its one heck of a fine shooter.