Author Topic: 12 GA vent rib  (Read 498 times)

Offline tireman

• Trade Count: (6)
12 GA vent rib
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »
  I see that a new barrel in the program is 8100 . With shipping and fitting that would add 3000 . What can one buy a new gun like that for? thanks tireman

Offline tireman

Re: 12 GA vent rib
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »
I was hopping someone would tell me where I could find a new complete gun and how much it would cost. Also if I sent a gun in for a new barrel do you think NEF would tap the barrel out to 3 and a half inch . Or is this not safe.  thanks Clark

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:24:15 AM »
If you look on www.gunbroker.com you can always find the new and used. that should give you an idea of cost, but there's nothing better than shootin' the breeze at the local gun shop while gettin' them to check the price for you.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
I was hopping someone would tell me where I could find a new complete gun and how much it would cost. Also if I sent a gun in for a new barrel do you think NEF would tap the barrel out to 3 and a half inch . Or is this not safe.  thanks Clark

Some of the first released Topper Deluxe Classic Vent Rib 12ga guns actually came with 3-1/2" chambers. IIRC Mac had one and sold the barrel, and someone else had one also, but the name has slipped from my memory. You might actually be able to find one with a 3-1/2" chamber by posting a WTB in the classifieds. The 3-1/2" chamber was never listed as being offered by H&R. Good luck.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »
Busta , the other person was probably me and I'm the one that bought it from Mac.

Tireman, Why do you want a 3 1/2" chamber?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline tireman

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »
I don't need a 3 and a half chamber. I just want a gun that will take any shells that are laying in the windowsill when a dog or what ever is on the place. These old eyes like a flat sight plane of a vent rib.

Thanks tireman