Author Topic: wyoming deer  (Read 979 times)

Offline bayloralum1996

• Trade Count: (0)
wyoming deer
« on: July 04, 2003, 09:34:08 AM »
I just found out I drew for my 2nd choice, Region M.
Any information you have will be appreciated!

Offline wyote

wyoming deer
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 10:56:32 AM »
It's been awhile but I used to hunt in the Ten Sleep area. There were lots of deer there at that time. Not too many BIG bucks.

Kaycee is another area that I hunted in the past and it was also good.
for every law thats passed alittle freedom dies

Offline renegade

wyoming deer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 01:44:46 PM »
Anybody have advice for region C or J. I'm looking at the leftover tags since I didn't get lucky. I'm from Marathon Ontario Canada. Any help appreciated. I was to take my Dad and my Wife on a DIY hunt since we aren't rich folk. This would be all our first time to the west to hunt. Thank you in advance for any information on areas with at least a reasonable chance for deer. Any possible private land access or other arrangements that don't break the bank would be of extreme interest. Thank you again.

Rene W. Cadene

renendeb@onlink.net
Hunting , Fishing and Sledding...love em all

Offline renegade

wyoming deer
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 09:23:09 AM »
Instead of dishing out $220 for a tag plus a whole lot more for the right to hunt private land and I'm not sure about the public land access I will take Dad and Deb hunting near home for whitetails in Ontario. I phoned alot of landowners in Wyoming and they were all pleasant and helpful but they were mostly full or charged from 250US per gun on up to hunt their land. I think I'll wait another year and see if I can find a way to hunt mule deer on a DIY hunt in Wyoming or some other state. There has to be a way...

Rene
Hunting , Fishing and Sledding...love em all

Offline wyote

wyoming deer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 09:39:54 AM »
If you want to hunt goverment (public) ground don't apply for any thing in the eastern part of the state, it's mostly private
for every law thats passed alittle freedom dies