Author Topic: winchester 94 1949 good to very good condition, is $350 a good price?  (Read 708 times)

Offline mariog

• Trade Count: (0)
Taking this in partial trade, perhaps. Owner says no splits in stock, 85% bluing, shoots good. Williams peep rear site. Not sure on the length yet, he is advising. Ser number is 15750xx
 Here is a link to photos.share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0FZsmbNu2Ysp0

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: winchester 94 1949 good to very good condition, is $350 a good price?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:24 AM »
I have seen them for a lot more.  I guess I would pay that for it if it proves to be in good shape.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:49:59 AM »
Before Winchester officially "went out of business" and stopped making them in the US awhile back I'd have said it was a good price especially in light of the receiver peep sight mounted on it. After the announcement they were being made no more all Winchesters took a huge price jump and folks were paying insane prices for any Winchester. The market has again settled and sane prices are now in place on them.

Still yes I'd say that's a decent price if the rifle is in the condition described. That is about as much as I'd want to put into such a gun but if I wanted one (I really don't) then I'd pay that. However I did turn one down at a bit under $300 that was in about the same condition back before the price jump took place. I wrestled with the decison awhile and almost bought it as I felt it was a good price but then I just really had no need for it so let it pass.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline mariog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:36:22 AM »
Thanks to you both for the input.
Seems that gunbroker still has sellers  asking a lot for these. Of course, gunbroker does not charge to list, so there are SO many listing that never get bids, and keep getting relisted again and again and again.

Mario