Author Topic: Handi Barrels on a Ultra Varmint?  (Read 445 times)

Offline azsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
Handi Barrels on a Ultra Varmint?
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
I've checked the FAQ and tried searching the forum and came up with nothing....

I have never owned a Nef before and was looking to buy the SB2-8T5  Ultra Varmint with THumbhole stock in 22-250 for 294.00 NIB. My question is Later on down the road can I have a handi barrel fitted to the ultra varmint? I believe this sb2-8t5 is a deal for 294.00 so I'm trying to figure out if I want the great deal or just get a reg handi in .243 for like 50 bucks cheaper!! Thanks

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Handi Barrels on a Ultra Varmint?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »
Yes, you can have handi barrels fitted..............

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
I  might also add, I own 15  Handi's, including a 223 ans 204 Fluted Varmit models........I just buy the complete rifles, too lazy to ship  them in to have barrels fitted......hahaha.......though I think I'll have a 243 flutted barrel fitted to one of mine.......

Offline cipher

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
http://www.hr1871.com/ is the place to go.  It's the website for H&R/NEF.  Check under CUSTOMER SUPPORT for the barrel accessory program.  You'll find information on prices, ordering and compatibility.  If you're like me and catch the Handi bug, you'll probably just buy another Handi and forget the barrel program.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »
Welcome aboard Steve! Going to the accessory barrel page won't help you much other than the basics of what's available. Since the thumbhole Ultra is current manufacture, you can get any barrel they offer except the 10ga shotgun and 12ga USH, and rimfire barrels. One thing they don't tell you is don't send a nice stock set in with it, they have a bad habit of not being careful in handling when doing the fitting, stocks come back with scratches and dings in them, send it in with no stock or a cheap pallet wood set, either is better than dealing with getting the stock replaced/repaired, which they're real good at doing fortunately, they have to do it often enough!! I made the mistake of sending the walnut stock in with my BC frame to get another BC barrel fitted, it came back with the toe of the stock missing, but they replaced it, no questions asked after I sent them an email pic of the damage done before it was shipped back to me since the chip wasn't in the shipping box. :-\

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain