Author Topic: Anybody in Utah?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Game_Stalker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Anybody in Utah?
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:22:25 PM »
Hey folks,

I just moved to Utah a month ago and have had a hard time finding a place to shoot. Since I won't be a resident until next spring, I won't be doing any game hunting until next season, but would like to mayhaps get out for jacks.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
Re: Anybody in Utah?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 11:59:11 AM »
I moved to Texas from Utah--Salt Lake Area.  If you want to plink you can take I-80 west and go out past tooele and shoot in the desert.  You can also turn in and go  and drive through Tooele and pass through town and keep going and you will see a bunch of shooting areas you can stop and plink.  If you are close to Utah lake you can go west of the lake and there are many areas where everyone shoots into the montain sides.  As far as Jack rabbits I'm not sure but make sure you don't do it in the woods close to the mountain side in the Salt lake valley area.  They've banned hunting except for archery right close to the homes.

Bob

Offline thesteeleboy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anybody in Utah?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
There are a few jacks in the dougway valley outside Dougway proving grounds. If I knew witch part of the state you were in I may be able to offer more assistance.