Author Topic: SB2 10 gauge chokes?  (Read 402 times)

Offline tracker370

• Trade Count: (0)
SB2 10 gauge chokes?
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:34:09 AM »
I own an SB2-MAD 10 gauge. It comes from the factory with a full choke for turkey. What is the best choke tube to use if I want to "safely" shoot some 10 gauge slugs out of this bad boy? :-\
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man. And those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never cared for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: SB2 10 gauge chokes?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 05:13:25 AM »
if you wanted to just shoot a few slugs any choke tube right up to full would do. For optimum performance I would suggest anything from cylinder to modified, depending on the gun, the choke tube, and the ammo. What one gun would like over another is quite variable....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline tracker370

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:35:14 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I know those full turkey chokes get pretty tight, and I didn't want to take a chance of ripping the choke right out of the barrel.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man. And those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never cared for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »
I'd make sure it's not an extra full before shooting slugs. I think it might be an extrafull with that gun
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun