Author Topic: New 28 ga. picked up-Something different  (Read 556 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
New 28 ga. picked up-Something different
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
Ran to Cabelas on Sunday and picked up the new 28 ga youth for the little women and grandkids to shoot. This has the blue smooth finished frame and is marked Harrington and Richardson on the side with a HX serial number.(My Trackers are all NEF labeled) Barrel is labeled Pardner-Model SB1. Darker stained pallet straight grip wood stock and forend with real nice recoil pad. Still an ejector model.

Hopefully the recoil will be acceptable for the smaller statured shooters this was purchased for. Nice clean looking shotgun........

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: New 28 ga. picked up-Something different
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:16:13 AM »
They sure do make these into a dandy gun! Mine has Harrington & Richardson on the receiver also. Full size model, 26" mod. with a real good piece of wood for the stock. A lot of gun for the money! I have to stay with lower recoil firearms because of an accident, and this little gun is easy. Should'nt have much trouble from recoil. scout4<><

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 03:54:01 AM »
Mine is an older one but sure is a good critter getter  ;D got a rabbit yesterday
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:14:49 AM »
They sure do make these into a dandy gun! Mine has Harrington & Richardson on the receiver also. Full size model, 26" mod. with a real good piece of wood for the stock. A lot of gun for the money! I have to stay with lower recoil firearms because of an accident, and this little gun is easy. Should'nt have much trouble from recoil. scout4<><

I noticed even the shipping box was labeled H&R only one tiny NEF logo under the H&R name on end of box. This might be the start of the end of the NEF part of H&R.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
That's because there is no New England in China which is probably where they will move production?  :(
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC