Author Topic: 28 ga NEF  (Read 820 times)

Offline John020769

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
28 ga NEF
« on: January 31, 2008, 01:35:48 AM »
I think this is good deal NEF 28ga gold medalion in stock camo lam stock and forearm (sorry for spelling very sick) $156 out the door and full box of shells ,new in box about 3years old I the only one to shoot it .Buy it or dicker  on price some more ? .................John

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: 28 ga NEF
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:11:40 AM »
There is always room to dicker on a price. Do you like the gun? If so offer him $140 or $145 and if he says no them kiss him on the cheek and shake his hand for the good deal and buy it!!!!. I sure would. Don't dicker to long and don't let it get away!!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »
Just purchased a youth model for $135 plus tax. The adult version is $5 less. If you have a Sportsman Warehouse near, they are $119 there. These are plain jane pardners though, nothing fancy.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »
a set of camo laminate stocks will cost about $100.00 and adds a lot of value to the gun....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:52:23 PM »
Buy it!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
I'd buy it. You could part it out and sell me the stock and some one would snap up the barrel quick. Rather just see you get a good deal and enjoy a great little gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »
What are ya doin' still on here.  RUN...RUN...Don't let if get away ;D  Trust me, and Markus, and MSPRet, and...., well ya get the picture....
Just be sure the CFO knows how much money you saved on "HER" Valentine present. ;D

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline John020769

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:32:07 PM »
Sorry had not got back to you guys but I did go back and put it on layaway got Him to come down to $140 out the door when I get paid in 2 weeks going back to pick it up ...........John

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 01:08:02 AM »
you did extremely well John, that is a GREAT price, and you are going to love the 28!!!! Almost like a .410 in recoil, very close to a 20 in power....<><....:)

Offline John020769

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 11:41:20 PM »
Going to send it in for a 16ga and a 20ga or 12 ga vent rib screw in choke barrels . Maybe all soon when taxes come back ..........Need a scoped slug barrel or have the 20ga screw in vent rib barrel tapped and I can go hunting for all I want  small game to deer hear in lower Mi. Lots to think about maybe have the 28ga tapped for scope put red dot on and roll my own slugs lots to think about..............John

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 02:26:29 AM »
congratulations John, and you are correct, you have lots to think about, and a lot of fun, ahead of you...enjoy it....<><....:)

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 05:48:37 AM »
The real question is why do i never find deals like this at gun shops or gun shows?  ::)

Enjoy that 28 ga and go get a rabbit with it before it gets to warm, also put up some pics when you bring the beast home.
Click once, cuss repeatedly.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
Finally took a picture of my 28.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »
SWEET!!! and classic at the same time....<><....:)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »
Thanks MSP, I'm thinking this will be my go to partridge gun. It's nice and light
and shoulders very nice. It also patterns real nice.