Author Topic: Handgun scope opinion  (Read 414 times)

Offline bub524

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
Handgun scope opinion
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:13:44 AM »
I am looking for a scope for a Super Redhawk 44mag.
Any opinions on red dots and scopes??????????
I don't want to spend a lot of money, $100-150.
A friend had a couple of low end scopes that fell apart from the pounding.
Thanks.
"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." G. Marx

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Handgun scope opinion
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:47:56 PM »
I personally do not like the red dot scopes, but that is me and I`ve been shooting regular scope for about 50 years and just don`t want to change. As for a scope, I would recommend a 2X Leupold. I have been shooting scoped handguns for 40 years and still prefer 2X scope for all off hand shooting. I do go up to 8 1/2X on gun that will be shot over by-pods or rest, and yes I do have a by-pod on a handgun. If you hit some gun shows you stand a real good chance of finding a good use Leupold in the price range you stated. In fact, if your close to Oh. I`ll sell you one. I`ve been laying back Leupold's for years and now have around 30 of them, more scope than guns to put them on, but Leupold`s are all I buy.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:14:31 PM »
If you can stretch your budget a bit... Natchez has Burris 2X7 handgun scope (blem) for $199

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »
   I use the Burris 2x7x32 ballistic Plex on my 12ga slug gun and it holds zero very well and has a wider field of view than other hand gun scopes even Leupold. I was thinking of putting it on my .454 Bull gun.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte