Author Topic: Millet TRS 1 4-16x50  (Read 1474 times)

Offline IRA51

• Trade Count: (0)
Millet TRS 1 4-16x50
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
was looking for a budget scope for my Colt 6724 acurised rifle and saw a Millet TRS 1  4-16x50 for $275.00 and thought it was too good to be true . anyone have any experiance with this scope ?  life time warranty ,eched rectle,illuminated mil dot ,multi coated,65 moa adjustment range.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Millet TRS 1 4-16x50
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »
I have a soft spot for Millett products, having used a lot of their sights and rings and two of their red dot sights.  I have, from time to time, used their customer service for extra screws I lost, etc. and they have always treated me very well, not even charging me.  Their riflescopes; however, remain a question to me.  I have seen some good reviews, but there are so many imports under new names nowdays that it takes a while for me to get a comfort level with new or relatively new brands, and I don't hear much about Millett.  I bought a couple of their less expensive fixed power scopes to mount on rifles used by the nephews and grandkids, but still haven't even tried them out, much less their higher line scopes.  I trust their customer ethics, guess I ought to try one of their better scopes someday.  Sorry, don't know much more, but they have always treated me right.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline IRA51

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:48:09 AM »
Ordered it yesterday, when I get it setup and shoot with it I will post my impressions .

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »
Would like to hear what you think of it.  Thanks.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 09:08:50 AM »
I am looking at that same scope. If you don;t mind, where did you order it?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline IRA51

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 06:29:26 AM »
got it from bigrivertactical.com they had Millet drop ship it to me . I have it mounted to a Colt 6724 and will see how it  preforms Sunday . I think Midway has them also.

Offline IRA51

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:32:47 AM »
100% satisfied with the scope ,it was very clear and bright and never lost POI   when changing powers. (did a BOX for elevation and windage and it came back to POI no problem)this is far more scope than the $275.00 price would lead you to believe . I can highly recommend it to anyone with out  any reservations. the Warne Maxima  rings were a very pleasant surprise also. even though Millet is an American company ,I do feel bad about it being made in China .I prefer to buy American but it is getting harder and harder when you are on a budget. the Colt 6724 got 3/4 MOA with this scope a stock Colt trigger and Black hills Blue box (reloads)75 grain OTM at 100 yards and was 1 Moa at 200 yards. this combo is probably capable of better with a more skilled shooter with younger eyes and a match trigger . I would rate this scope a 10 on the bang for the buck spent .  ;D

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:52 AM »
Thanks for the review - sounds like a good scope and happy that you are so satisfied with it!