Author Topic: TASCO Scopes  (Read 1237 times)

Offline cobraa

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
TASCO Scopes
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
hi I'm in Australia and i  tried buying a rifle scope from a company in the USA and i got this reply anyone know the actual law in America about exporting scopes to private Citizens in Australia.  this is what the store said.

Thank you for your interest in Optics Planet.
We are sorry to inform you that the export of any rifle scopes and weapon sights outside of the United States for civilian use is strictly forbidden.
Exception to this policy can be made for members of the US Military and some other federal agencies.
For more information on our international policy, please refer to the following site http://***.opticsplanet.net/our-policy.html#international.
Again, we do appreciate your interest in our products. If you need anything else in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best Regards,

http://***.OpticsPlanet.com
US Toll-Free Phone: (800) 504-5897

+ anyone know if this is true or not Ive been told that Tasco was bought up by Bushnell and that there not Honoring the lifetime replacement warranty for the Tasco scopes.

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TASCO Scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:54:10 AM »
I don't know, but I'd bet Jon at theopticzone.com does.

I've bought scopes for Jon, he's got good prices and ships fast.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline cobraa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »
thx they ship to australia

Offline Dog88

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »
I don't know, but I'd bet Jon at theopticzone.com does.

I've bought scopes for Jon, he's got good prices and ships fast.......

Is theopticzone.com an authorized Nikon dealer? They've got great prices, just wanted to make sure the lifetime
warranty would be honored if I bought from them.....

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
+ anyone know if this is true or not Ive been told that Tasco was bought up by Bushnell and that there not Honoring the lifetime replacement warranty for the Tasco scopes.

Yes this is true.  The reason I was given was that when Bushnell acquired the Tasco brand name, they didn't acquire the rights or perhaps the tooling to make replacement parts for the older Tasco scopes.  The newer Tasco scopes scopes still have a lifetime warranty that should be good until Bushnell goes out of business.

Another though on Tasco/Bushnell products.  I had a Bushnell Trophy handgun scope that broke while being mounted on a 460 S&W Magnum.  Bushnell would not honor their warranty saying the scope had been "abused."  I've now gone pretty much to Leupold handgun scopes and, guess what?  They don't break!!!  Furthermore, if a Leupold scope does break, Leupold actually stands behind their warranty.  Leupold scopes cost a bit more but I think they're worth it; you get what you pay for.

Offline sniperVLS

• Remington & Sig Sauer addict!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
Bushnell stands behind their Elite line but other than that, I've heard others say what you mentioned Grumulkin, nothing but headaches and they try and weasel out of honoring the warranty  >:(

Offline cobraa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
anyone here ever used a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 with Ballistic Plex reticle #200169 or heard anything about them ive heard there a good scope. if anyone can give me any feedback on them or point me to some reviews that would be great as ive got a guy on ebay who will sell me 4  Fullfield II 3-9x40 with Ballistic Plex reticle Nickle #200169 for $175usd each + $46usd for postage to Australia. and thats about the cheapest i can find anywhere.
This is the Burris webpage for anyone who's interested http://www.burrisoptics.com/fullfield.html

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
I've got two of em, plus a 3½-10x50, great scopes. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline cobraa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
thx mate for the info. im told you are the guro arround here so its good to get a good report from you on this brand of scope then makes me less nervous when buying a scope ;)

Offline cobraa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
$175usd Fullfield II 3-9x40 with Ballistic Plex reticle Nickle #200169 is that a good price in the usa i havent been able to find them any cheaper for that exact model.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 02:32:56 PM »
That's a good average for the matte, sometimes they're $160 and come with a free spotting scope, and range up to $200, the nickel will probably be a bit more, but I've never looked at them much.

Tim

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »
The Burris is a good scope but there is better scopes out there for that price. Nikon is one of best for the money.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 06:17:49 AM »
Bought a 4/12 AO Bushnell Sportsman at Wally World and put on a built up 10/22 that weighs 8-3/4/pounds as recoil wouldn't be a problem. It was fine for several months and then it wasn't. Windage adjustment was gone. It was not abused in any way and only shot off a bench. Called Bushnell and they said it was warrentied and send it in. It was back in less than three weeks and had turned into a Banner instead of a Sportsman. The cast was $10 for shipping.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »
Bushnell has a good CS dept. I have to send my 3200 back because it fogged up. Hope all is well with it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline cobraa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
well its confirmed Bushnell did buy Tasco and yes tasco only has a "limited lifetime warranty". and that means even if you bought a tasco scope before the warranty change ya crap out of luck they wont warrant it if its not a Manufactures defect, so don't drop ya scope or run over it with ya car cause tasco will longer replace it or repair it free of charge. ;}

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 02:11:34 PM »
Bushnell Performance Optics bought Tasco  in August 2002, Tasco(BPO) won't warrant any Tasco scope made before their cutoff date of 9/1/02.

Tim

http://tasco.com/support.cfm

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html#tasco

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »
Yup that's old news. I still haven't shipped my Bushnell out yet.  :-\

Rick

Offline cobraa

• Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
thx for the info Tim as ive only just got back into shooting again after a 9year break all this is all new news to me.