Author Topic: availability of optima elites  (Read 1133 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
availability of optima elites
« on: February 14, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
I was at my local gun shop the other night. I asked him to see about an elite in blue with the black fleck stock in 7-08.  I called him a couple days later and he said no go.  His suppliers are saying the 7-08 has been discontinued and two of his suppliers are saying the elite itself is being discontinued. I told him to order one in 270 and I did some checking for barrels. I see midsouth says low supply of the 7-08 blued and midway says backorder and it has been that way for a while.  Well I ordered one from midsouth.  Does anyone else know of any of this?  I bet with the new rifle out I believe the apex, they are concentrating more on it and will phase out the elite. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: availability of optima elites
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »
That would be a question to ask Mark! mark@cva.com

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bubba

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:31:29 PM »
Thanks Tim,

I already set him an email asking.  I was just wondering if anyone with their ear to the ground ( like you) might have heard anything.
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
Nope, other that rechambering one of mine to 6mm Rem Improved, haven't had much to do with the OE, haven't even shot it yet!! ::)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bubba

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 01:48:34 AM »
I am planning a go to gun. Too many headaches with my encore as a rifle/muzzleloader so it is going and being replaced with the oe. I have one in 270 that my nephew claimed and it is a shooter.  So why not another in my fav caliber. 

Molon Labe

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »
you may want to check out the new CVA Apex. It really puts the Optima Elite to shame.

Offline notnodak

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
From what I've seen the price of an APEX is the same as the Elite combo. It'ed have to be extremely beter to make up $200-$300 for the same outfit

Offline bubba

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
if the apex had a youth stock, I would consider it. I have an elite now in 270, which is a tack driver, and I like the feel of it and how it shouldlers.  I will stick with it. I have one comiong in 270.  I will sell the 270 barrel and put on the 7-08 I ordered from midsouth

Molon Labe

Offline bubba

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:50:54 AM »
I got a response from Mark. He ststed the elite iscataloged only as a muzzleloader this year and you can purchase the centerfire barrels spearately.  But there are lots of rifles still on stock and I should be able to find what I am looking for. 

Molon Labe

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
Did you find it?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.