Author Topic: Bushnell Banner 2X-7X-36  (Read 885 times)

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Banner 2X-7X-36
« on: January 27, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »
I just got a 444 Marlin barrel for my H&R Handi rifle. I needed to get some kind of sights on it. I went to Gander Mountain this AM. I was looking for a 4X or 6X scope with long eye relief or possibly a red dot. The sales guy pointed me to a 2X-7X-36 Bushnell Banner Shot gun scope. It has 5" eye relief and parallax is set at 50 yards. It comes with Buttler Creek flip up covers in the box. I asked how much and he said $63.96. It came home with me. I have it mounted on the barrel now, but have not even got any loads ready for it yet. I thought for $64 it was worth a try. If it does not work out for the 444, it probably will for some thing else I have, maybe a 22 rim fire. I just thought I would give you guys a heads up on this bargain. I may go back and get another one. I have not seen one exactly like it. It must be a special they are running on it, they had a whole shelf full of them. ;)
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Bushnell Banner 2X-7X-36
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »
Someone else mentioned that scope not too long ago, apparently it's made just for them, it's not on Bushnell's website, but no GMs anywhere near the west coast, I used to buy a lot of their gear when they offered mail order tho. Will be looking forward to your report.

If that scope doesn't work out, the Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 shotgun scope works extremely well on a Handi, I have two of them, one is on my 500 Handi, has plenty of eye relief and has held up to punishing recoil. I liked it so much, I bought another when Midsouth had them on sale recently, their regular price isn't bad at all tho either.

A few months ago, I bought a Nikon scope with the BDC reticle that I really liked but it was after I finished all the testing of 4 different bullets in my .444 Handi with the 2-7x32 Bushnell Legend that I bought from Bill, it worked very well, but I want to try one of the BDC scopes on it out to 300yds, so I bought the 3-9x40 BDC Nikon Prostaff that Midsouth had on sale, and it's all mounted and ready to do some more testing, this time with 250gr and 355gr cast bullets. The nice thing about Nikon scopes is the small power ring makes them real Handi friendly to mount lower. ;)

Tim

http://www.gandermountain.com/storelocator/

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=001256308

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=001256320

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/product.php?group=16&subgroup=10&product=6308
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:42:38 AM »
I had Weaver Extra High sure grip matte black model 49185 mounts on hand so I used it to mount the Bushnell. It is a little high, I might have got by with mediums or just highs, but like I said I had these on hand and barely fit between the bells, but fit they did. The Nikon scopes look good to me, and I may just try one of them out before this is all over. The Bushnell has got a 5" eye relief so it cuts down the field of view a little. I looked at the Bushnell 2X-7X Legend scope and it is very similar in size and shape, but at $64 I did not think I could go too wrong. I just hope it handles the recoil OK. I ended up putting a Bushnell Banner 4X-12X on my 22 Hornet. I was looking at a Bushnell 3200 10X tactical for it, but had the 4X12 on hand and the boss said with taxes coming up, I spent enough for now. Time will tell how they will work out. Just a side note, I have pillar bedded the fore end on the Hornet with an aluminum pillar epoxied in with JB Weld, I am planning on doing it to all of my fore ends. I may just take a few pics of the process and post, it is not difficult to do. It turned out well, but will change it on the next go 'round. Learn as you go.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:49:17 AM »
Looking forward to your range report.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline JimD

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
LaOtto,

How do you think this scope (Bushnell 2x-7x)would do on a Stevens 3006?

Thanks,
Jim D

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 06:22:56 AM »
I have not had a chance to try it out at the range, but I think it would be fine on a 30-06 as long as you were not going to shoot out to extreme ranges with it - no parallax adjustments and it is set at 50 yards. The Butler Creek flip - ups are real nice and it should handle the recoil OK, being a shotgun scope. It also has a 5" eye relief, so you do not have to worry about a cut eye brow. The $64 price is great, it is a very good piece of glass for that kind of money.

Offline mardrobe

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »
I have one of these on a Rossi 270 and have been happy with it.  I am planning on installing another one on a Rossi 17 HMR that I use for squirrel Hunting, the gun doesn't have enough accuracy to justify more magnification.  I have only seen this scope at Gander Mountain and have not been able to find information on it anywhere else, but believe it has 75 yard Parallax.