Author Topic: Any X card/Block shooters?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Inrut24/7

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Any X card/Block shooters?
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:27:48 PM »
Do any of you shoot x card matches with your h&r shotguns? what chokes are you winning with?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Any X card/Block shooters?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:36:24 AM »
Hello Inrut, we don't have card matches around here and I am not exactly sure how they work, I would think it would be similar (or the same as) the Turkey matches they occasionally would have at the club just before Thanksgiving where you would pay a buck or 2 to shoot at a card and the person with the greatest number of pellets in a particular marked section would win a turkey. This may not be what you are referring to but I have a question for you. I am getting a couple of "card shooting tubes" for my 12 gauge H&R from another member. Would these tubes (full and extra full) work for either Turkey or Coyote? How are they different or the same as regular full or extra full tubes? Thanks for your expertise and knowledge....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Brett

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:44:51 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, in card shooting, a choke/shotgun that throws an even pattern is more desirable than one that shoots a tight pattern. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Inrut24/7

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »
Around here the closest bb to the x wins,I have heard that Real tight chokes can be dangerous with magnum loads, I probally wouldnt go smaller than a .680 with mag loads, Alot of people around here hunt fox and coyotes with buckshot and regular full and modified chokes.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:58:29 AM »
Thanks for that info Inrut....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley