Author Topic: Bye M1A Hello M&P  (Read 598 times)

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Bye M1A Hello M&P
« on: February 16, 2008, 03:54:47 AM »
Got rid of the very troublesome M1a this week and got myself a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 the "X" model.  So far it seems very well put together, did a quick sight in at 25yrds off hand an landed a inch group. Setting up a scope on it now and looking forward to seeing what it can do at 100yrds. I'll post result as soon as I get them.

Offline AAA-0

Re: Bye M1A Hello M&P
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
I was going to reply with words of wisdom about how you should never trade a gun because you'll regret it...  Then I read where it was one of the trouble guns and all I can say is good trade!  ;D 
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people;
it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government --
lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. "
--Patrick Henry

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:41:21 AM »
Hope it wasn't an even swap! ::)
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 03:54:19 AM »
Actually it was an even swap, I was just very happy to get rid of it. I've very picky about my guns if they don't shoot under a MOA  they they don't stay long.
   Just to let you all know I have taken the MP to the range and have come back quite happy, with open sights  I grouped 1.25" groups with 55gr fmj's.
      After a good cleaning I gave the MP a good internal look over to see how well it was put together. An honestly I'd recomend one to anybody looking for a good solid AR. I'm a machinist by trade and I'm the type to accually look inside the gun to see how well it was made.