Author Topic: Who do you think makes this scope?  (Read 598 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Who do you think makes this scope?
« on: March 23, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »
Who do you think makes the scope that comes on the Remington Varmint SPS rifle. It is a 4x12x40. It is also marked remington on it. Thanks Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Who do you think makes this scope?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
In a nutshell, whatever optics manufacturer that can build the scope to the specs of the marketer for the least money. Just as Hakko made S&W scopes and the Bushnell OEM made Browning scopes. There are many scope brands made by just a few optics manufacturers like Light Optical Works and Asia Optical. The link below is getting a bit dated, but it gives you an idea of who made what when it was written.

Tim

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Quicktdo, thanks for the attachment.  Some of it I was aware of but much of it was surprising.

I have a specific question about the early Leupold LPS scopes.  I purchased one in 1998 and have never preferred it to my VXIII models.  What improvements have been made to this LPS model? 

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
In a nutshell, whatever optics manufacturer that can build the scope to the specs of the marketer for the least money. Just as Hakko made S&W scopes and the Bushnell OEM made Browning scopes. There are many scope brands made by just a few optics manufacturers like Light Optical Works and Asia Optical. The link below is getting a bit dated, but it gives you an idea of who made what when it was written.
Tim
http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html

Redfield also made Browning scopes...

DM