Author Topic: Creepy trigger alert  (Read 703 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Creepy trigger alert
« on: June 25, 2003, 05:38:31 AM »
A guy at the range has a Beretta Neos. It has a very creepy trigger. This is surprising considering that it's a Beretta.  Check into this before you buy one.
Safety first

Offline Old Griz

Creepy trigger alert
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 07:28:01 PM »
The only Beretta I have ever fired was the 92. It was long and creepy, too. A characteristic of Berettas maybe?
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Questor

Creepy trigger alert
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 02:28:58 AM »
Shooting Times had an article on it this month and their trigger was bad too. The author said that it had an unpredictable trigger pull that ranged from about 5.5 pounds to about 9 pounds.  Then he goes on to say that it would make a great beginners gun. I had a gun like that when I was a beginner and it drove me nuts. When I got a gun with a good trigger, I started to like shooting more.
Safety first

Offline Old Griz

Creepy trigger alert
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 11:47:26 AM »
I saw the article, but didn't read it. When I saw the angle of the grip I knew I wouldn't be getting one. It looks worse than the Ruger Mark II, which to me, isn't comfortable. (Yeah, I know, most of the world loves it, but they still had to make the 22/45 for the rest of us.) Maybe I'll read the article now just to see how bad it is.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Questor

Creepy trigger alert
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 12:08:00 PM »
It's worth reading. If the trigger weren't so bad, it would represent an excellent value for the beginning competitive shooter.

It looks the the Buckmark is still the king of the hill when it comes to low-cost competition pistols. (Ruger and their crappy triggers notwithstanding)
Safety first

Offline jcsabolt2

Looks too much like a toy
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 01:36:47 AM »
I read the same Shooting Times article.  I think I'll write them and ream the author for recommending a gun with a totally crap trigger.  I take every article I read in that magazine with a grain of salt.  I've never heard of firearms magazine giving anything, but good reviews of guns no matter how crappy it is.  That is with the exception of Gun Tests.

The Neos looks too much like a toy gun to me.  A dangerous thing as far as I am concerned.  It only takes one curious child and one careless parent for a serious accident to happen.  I think Beretta could have made a fine 22 pistol with this in mind and still made a descent product...but they didn't.   :roll:
A man with a gun is a citizen...a man without a gun is a subject.
Great Pro Gun Site...not what you might be thinking.  http://www.flashbunny.org/